Aircraft engine machinist drawings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mr.hermitsquid

Recruit
Apr 15, 2024
Hello. I seem to have too much time on my hands, and so I want to try and model an entire engine or aircraft in Solidworks. I cant seem to find any complete/detailed drawings for anything, and I am wondering if anyone has access to something like that. I am looking for an aircraft engine, or maybe a plane. I am kind of looking to do this for practice, and I know that there is at minimum, thousands of parts, and so am not expecting to complete anything, but having a goal to work for would be awesome. Anything that anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I found my copy of the Nat Archives of Aus R-1820 drawings must have been on the external hard drive that crashed about two years back.

There will be a delay as the files come from the National Archives of Australia and a all too large to download so I have to request them again. The NAA are not efficient and their web server is as slow as all get-out so expect at least a months delay which is why I did not just post a link (much easier for me).

1717130334383-png.png

1717130302357-png.png

Common download error from that site
1717130614791-png.png

I tried again at 0600 next day (a Saturday when traffic should be minimal and they still time out.

As a result I sent them a request to retrieve the documents and this is what their reply is - they expect to take up to SIX WEEKS just to respond with an actual answer. How much longer to actually get the files is an unknown.

1717375471129.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back