GB-62 1/48 Spitfire Mk.IX - Spitfires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys............
So now I've cut the little tabs, covers are off I'll remove
the left over bits ans paint the interior of the engine comp.
GB62-24.jpg

That's not something you see every day.
Agree, but it is to get the camo aligned correctly. But.............................................................................................
The firewall would not fit and align the prop hub. So I had to break off the engine mounting frame, glue
in the firewall. Now I can get the hub to fit into the front opening when inserting the Merlin.
It is more work than reward! Everything I had to chop off will not show..........
GB62-25.jpg

But tough!
I am watching with interest, mine is going predictably badly, trying various ways of filling and sanding, some, obviously dont work, I had hours of fun with the radiator scoops. Biggest issue for me, not exactly a problem, is getting used to such thin soft plastic, though to my eyes the detail and much of the rest of the kit especially all different options is great..

I am watching with interest, mine is going predictably badly, trying various ways of filling and sanding, some, obviously dont work, I had hours of fun with the radiator scoops. Biggest issue for me, not exactly a problem, is getting used to such thin soft plastic, though to my eyes the detail and much of the rest of the kit especially all different options is great..
This one can be fiddley. Fillers are an experience. There are many and who knows which are best.

I have an old Tamiya paint bottle, half full of Acetone, drop some cut of pieces of sprue into it.
Plastic will melt at the bottom. Gotta pull out small bits wit the tip of a toothpick. Let dry and set
for a couple days. It's good for filling holes and gaps that are sanded over smooth.

This one can be fiddley. Fillers are an experience. There are many and who knows which are best.

I have an old Tamiya paint bottle, half full of Acetone, drop some cut of pieces of sprue into it.
Plastic will melt at the bottom. Gotta pull out small bits wit the tip of a toothpick. Let dry and set
for a couple days. It's good for filling holes and gaps that are sanded over smooth.
Gonna give it a try. :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back