Then and now, photo blending in Dordrecht, The Netherlands

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Marcel Marcel Good to see you polishing up on your Dutch but:

englishmf.png

OK, I couldn't resist.

It's fantastic that you're getting recognition for you excellent work Marcel Marcel and you're right, those hero's should never be forgotten.

Marcel Marcel Good to see you polishing up on your Dutch but:

View attachment 777456

OK, I couldn't resist.

It's fantastic that you're getting recognition for you excellent work Marcel Marcel and you're right, those hero's should never be forgotten.
I already don't understand the second word in your meme. What does your mother have to do with Anthony Fokker? :confused:

Not far from me, went there by bike.

Tweede Tol May 1940. Dutch prisoners of war and German paratroopers are seen on the road at the railway crossing near the Tweede Tol. At the Tweede Tol was a Dutch barracks camp of the 1st department of the 17th Artillery Regiment. The barracks camp was captured by German paratroopers who had landed nearby on the morning of May 10. The commander of Fallschirmjäger Regiment 1, Oberst Bruno Bräuer, established his Regimental Headquarters there. If you look closely, you can see him standing, bottom left in the photo wearing the visor cap (Schirmmutze). These Dutch prisoners of war are bicycle infantry troops, as seen holding bicycles by some. The photo was likely taken on May 13, 1940, when the bicycle infantry clashed with German tanks at the intersection of Zeedijk/Schenkeldijk. Many cyclists surrendered, and the prisoners of war were gathered at the Tweede Tol. The Tweede Tol also had a first aid station where the wounded were treated, and there were some Dutch and German field graves. Therefore, it was an important location during the May days. What is remarkable about this location is that it has hardly changed compared to the situation in May 1940. Only the tunnel under the A16 has been modified in the meantime.

Source historical photo: Dordt Open Stad - Dordrecht en de slag om het Zuidfront in mei 1940.
IMG_1528.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back