What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

SCAM WARNING! I just went on line to find out how to fix my Craftsman electric chain saw. I was told it cost $5 to join "JustAnswer.com" but was NOT told it would cost $40 a month! I immediately got a call from the USAA Cedit Card Fraud Center and was asked if I had authorized those purchases. I told them I had not authorized the $40 and wanted to cancel the $5 as well. They told me that when the charges post we could open a dispute but i would have to call them at that time. So STAY AWAY from Justanswer.com. THEY ARE A SCAM! Let everyone else know!
Thank you for sharing this, I will keep my eyes out for these scammers. Have a great evening.

Today I went in to the four big chain supermarkets (2 chains with two stores each) in Bundaberg to buy beef dripping for cooking and none of them had what I wanted - only another product that claims to be 100% animal fat and tastes like shit.

Basically, as I understand it, there are four animal fat groups.
  • Beef, called dripping, used for cooking
  • Pork, called lard, used for cooking
  • Poultry, called schmaltz, used for cooking
  • Sheep, called tallow, used for cheap candles - good candles use bees wax.
Given that there is not much of a market for tallow candles these days I am guessing that the product that the big chains sell has a significant percentage of tallow in it which is why it tastes so bloody awful.

Fortunately a smaller chain, IGA, still stocks dripping.

Fat saved off lamb roast is excellent. Tallow is made from suet which is the hard white fat from beef or mutton - from the loins
or around the kidneys - known in fat form as suet.

You might be able to get some preferred fat from a butcher if you still have any around. We are lucky as we still have one
at the end of our street - - even the sausages are still completely topside mince fill and the beef is all aged perfectly..... now
I'm hungry......

We have a good butcher only 10km away in a town of a few hundred residents where we get our meat and in the past I have always bought the prepared dripping at IGA a couple of doors down. To find that dripping was not available in the major supermarkets that have 80% of the Aus market peeved me off.

Our local butcher smokes his own bacon and you can smell it right down the main street when he is doing that. Heaven.

So does the other butcher in town but his meat is no better than IGA's.

Annoyed it's too soft a word. Angry is more like it. As some of you know in the whole of Europe "Stolpersteiner" are being laid in the pavement in front of places where Jewish families used to live until they were murdered by the NAZIs. Some disgusting lowlife found it necessary to remove some of those stones here in my city. Not sure if this is because of the current situation in the Middle East and I don't care. These people had nothing to do with current Israel, but these were our countrymen that we let being killed. Let's remember them for the failure of humanity during the war, so we won't make this mistake again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back