Bf 109G-6 Yellow 1 of 9./JG 54 Oblt Schilling Gruppe Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work Kevin, looking brill!
Like the Mustang bulkhead and engine bearers. I'd welcome your opinion on the Trumpeter kit, as I intend to get their 1/32nd P51B/C at some time in the future.
Terry.

Thank You there guys like I said this is the most inspired I have been with planes in 1 1/2-2 yrs now and I owe it to ya'll and the forum,Thanks!

Lookin great Kevin.... By the looks of things, u should be in the upper class man, cause ur far beyond what us middle class builders are doin..........So it may be Dan no biggee like I said this is turning out thus far some of my better scratch but still not as good of some I have seen.

Terry what I have started thus far on the P51 is a 1/24 Trump kit and it has some issues.I mean it builds into a plane that looks for all intended purposes a P51 but the area in front of the windscreen and the firewall is 1/8" or 1/4" to long :rolleyes: .Now how in the hell with all of todays technolgy and flying birds that happens???I think I am not going to address that issue though.The Stang will focus on copit add-ons and alot of plumbing.I might look a little at the gear?and as for the P51 b/c in 1/32 seems dihedral is an issue?Cheers Kevin

Thanks Kevin, I didn't know about the dihedral, but hopefully, I can sort that if I get the kit.
It may be that Trumpeter's 1/24th scale kit is based on the old Airfix one? That had a number of small(!) problems, the worst being the extended oleos, which took me 30-odd years to spot!

Kevin these mistakes are for modellers.In other words, what modellers would be doing when these mistakes wouldn't be made. :lol:

Yea I know what you mean Wurger some will always find faults.Me personally I like to expand from time to time like I am now but if it looks like a duck,walks like a ....etc do them OOB alot of times.The common Joe that comes by if he has an interest does not know one thing you have added or changed.Cheers Kevin

I'm with all. And, like yourself, this forum has given me a kick up the 'jacksie', and as for lucky's idea for this Group Build, the first of many I should think, just brilliant!

Not much to post guns are in (PITA) I could not use the chutes without doing something with some of the plumbing said "heck with it".Got a little color on for the band,look ight??RLM 24?Had to sand the canopy to fit,alot of sanding today,what love is there :rolleyes: .Tomorrow hope to lay the Light blue.Dan you know there a show at the USS Alabama in April I went last year decent showing got some great deals on some kits :) :) .I was thinking about entering this one but I do not know till she is done.I have never won anything but fun anyway.Cheers Kevin

Attachments

• bf109 063 (1000 x 750).jpg
    bf109 063 (1000 x 750).jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 41
Coming together nicely Kevin. I like Hasegawas design of the wing spar - great way to ensure correct dihedral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back