Fw 190A-8 "Red 19" of 5./JG300 Ernst Schröder Gruppe Build (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice! Thanks guys. I am on a business trip right now so I am unable to get any production done with the crate but will be home soon. I can't wait to put this info to use.

Hello,
my first post on this great forum ;)
Will try to help a little - below 2 more photos of Schröder's mount, published last year on hyperscale.com.
Moreover, I've read on TOCH last year, that II./JG 300 had 5 EZ 40s installed in their Fw 190s during mid-August 1944. Lt. Bretschneider, SK of 5./JG 300; and Uffz. Schröder of 5./JG 300 had two of these.

Regards,
Maciej

Attachments

• schroederbh_3.JPG
    schroederbh_3.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 333
  • schroederbh_5.JPG
    schroederbh_5.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 457
no, it didn't get published in the JG 300 history by Jean-Yves Lorant Richard Goyat (Eagle). It did appear in the authors original two volume set that was published by Docavia in Europe..

(FWIW although put together by Eagle Editions, Jerry Crandall doesn't deserve any of the credit..)

Schröder's last flight in 'Red 19' was 27 November 1944, not as per the info in Amsel's original post lifted from hyperscale

(Lorant with 'Edelgard' Schröder)

edelgard.jpg

Hello,
my first post on this great forum ;)
Will try to help a little - below 2 more photos of Schröder's mount, published last year on hyperscale.com.
Moreover, I've read on TOCH last year, that II./JG 300 had 5 EZ 40s installed in their Fw 190s during mid-August 1944. Lt. Bretschneider, SK of 5./JG 300; and Uffz. Schröder of 5./JG 300 had two of these.

Regards,
Maciej
Welcome to the family Maciej! 8)

no, it didn't get published in the JG 300 history by Jean-Yves Lorant Richard Goyat (Eagle). It did appear in the authors original two volume set that was published by Docavia in Europe..

(FWIW although put together by Eagle Editions, Jerry Crandall doesn't deserve any of the credit..)

Schröder's last flight in 'Red 19' was 27 November 1944, not as per the info in Amsel's original post lifted from hyperscale

(Lorant with 'Edelgard' Schröder)

edelgard.jpg

Great Pic! thanks for sharing.....FalkeEins...:D

I'm afraid I don't quite understand why you feel JC doesn't deserve any credit for getting the Lorant/Goyat publication into an English version so that many more could enjoy this great set?
Can you explain further?

....perhaps I should rephrase that - the book was written by Jean-Yves Lorant Richard Goyat and took over twenty years to compile it involved countless trips to Germany some real detective work in tracking down the veterans before the advent of internet e-mail etc etc. Actually 'creating it' was the easy bit..

....perhaps I should rephrase that - the book was written by Jean-Yves Lorant Richard Goyat and took over twenty years to compile it involved countless trips to Germany some real detective work in tracking down the veterans before the advent of internet e-mail etc etc. Actually 'creating it' was the easy bit..

Ok gotcha....I think anyone that would spend the money on this fine work would at least have an understanding that J-YL and RG did the hard yards over a long period to bring this chronicle to us and deserve much praise for their efforts! I am simply thankful that JC at EE has been able to present this published works in English, certainly to a wider audience than the French version could have. I would not have purchased the chronicle otherwise...thanks for your response!:D

I am working on the cockpit right now. I do not have any aftermarket parts so it will be minus the harness. I am stoked to be working on it again. I think I can make the deadline.

Great news mate, keep it going. Why not have a go at making a harness from thin paper or metal foil? The lead foil from wine bottles or the silver foil from some medicinal tablets packs is ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back