**** DONE: 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf 110 G-2 - Me/ Fw Group Build. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's looking good Gerry. And yes, you can buy just one sheet of the decal paper if required from CCP. They also do the varnish in spray cans, or of course you can use a locally-sourced one. I normally make 3 or 4 of the required decal - just in case!

Thanks to everyone for your encouraging comments. I've been sanding the flaps and wings to get the flaps to fit in a deployed position and to thin out the leading edge at the slats to make it look more correct. I've posted a couple of shots of progress.

Photo 1. I know this looks like something from Dr. Frankenstein's laboratory but it's a dry-fit of the lower wing assembly, to make sure that the nacelle backs fit into the main nacelles. After thinning down the nacelle walls and sanding the top of the back nacelle, they fit rather well, giving a flaps angle of about 30º. The next task is to work on supports that will connect from the flaps to the wing, for strength and holding them at the right angle.

Photo 2. The upper wings, again showing a dry-fit of the nacelles. It seems a good, tight fit, and hopefully after sanding and cementing, there should be little or no filling required. Backs still need to be added to the flaps to fit into the wing interiors.

That's it for the moment. More soon.

Attachments

• Flaps top.jpg
    Flaps top.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 212
  • Flaps bottom.jpg
    Flaps bottom.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 210
Thank you all for your continued interest in this build. Been mostly sanding and test-fitting the wings and cowls and don't seem to have a lot of to show for the time and effort. Have made a few shims and other adjustments and got a first coat of RLM 02 on the interior areas - the wheelwells mainly, and on the landing gear, still on the sprues. Will post some more photos in the next day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back