**** DONE: 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf 110 G-2 - Me/ Fw Group Build. (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For the latest posts, thanks (and condolences) to Jerry. Thanks to Gnomey, Andy, Vic, Terry and Wayne for their continued support through the rough and the smooth. A final thank you to everyone else who posted their support on this build thread and a special thanks to Erich, Andy (Crimea_River) and Terry (Airframes) for keeping me on the straight and narrow throughout the build, and particularly to Terry and Andy for the practical help they contributed.

I've now posted the finished photos to the Group Build Thread.

Gerry

she looks mean . . . .

question was the upper nose with 3cm cannon openings part of the kit ? man they look huge

Erich, Apologies for this very late reply to your last post on this thread. I must have missed it when I opened the 'finished' thread on this build and didn't think to check back to see if there were any further posts here. It was only when I was recently showing someone my build sequence, that I discovered it. As this Group Build is essentially finished, you may not even pick up on this response, but your question deserves a reply.

The kit supplies 2 versions of the nose, one with the openings faired over and one with opened channels, with the cannons in position as in picture 3, in post 29. Rather than drill open the faired over nose, I choose to drill out the cannon barrels in the second option. In doing that, I left the channels as moulded - as far as I remember. So I'm putting this one down to the kit. However in real scale and in natural daylight they don't look nearly as obvious, and black, as they do in some of my close-up photos.

Gerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back