**** DONE: 1/48 Corsair II - Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers Geo but I think I may have the answer. From discussions at Britmodeler, sounds like the tall wheel happened from BuNo 50080 onwards and my rig is 50341.

Cheers Dale. Landing gear work is the theme of tonight's update. The Tamiya struts are of reasonable detail but had some clunky bits and some annoying ejector pin marks that had to be dealt with.

Below is one of the main struts with slices of rod added to the ejector pin marks. Note also the large, flat blocks that are supposed to represent the attachment points.

14031401.jpg

The same strut after filing down the plugs and removing some of the plastic at the larger attachment point.

14031403.jpg

,,and again after final painting and wash. Also added were two bits of clear stretched sprue with a light wash of oil paint to represent the small springs within the strut linkages. The paint is Alclad Dull Aluminum with Testors silver on the retraction jack.

14031405.jpg

The tail wheel also got some attention. Here's the assembly before modification:

14031402.jpg

..and now with lighting holes added and a new towing shackle made of solder. The latter was once again represented with a solid blob of plastic which is now in the bin. Also drilled out the plastic between the tire and frame.

14031404.jpg

Here are two pics of the finished tail wheel with the same paint and the stripes added to the hook. White paint with black decals.

14031406.jpg

14031407.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back