**** DONE: 1/48 MS 406 - Winter War / Eastern Front WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 18, 2011
Montech
www.facebook.com
Username: le_steph40
First name: Stéphane
Category: intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: AZModel
Model Type: Morane Saulnier MS 406
Aftermarket addons:decals AML 48022

The kit
ms-406 (Copier).JPG

The project
Capturer.JPG

I hope to have time to finish...

Last edited by a moderator:
Neat choice. Kinda looks like a flying muskrat.

Whatever happened to the Hobbycraft kit? I'll say the one you've got looks better.

My very limited knowledge on this subject suggests the Finns operated approximately 76 Morane, of which 11 were MS 410s with fixed radiator, and 3 were converted to the LAGG-Morane configuration also with a fixed radiator. The rest were standard ex-French types.

Most of the images ive seen of Moranes operating in the cold winter conditions are with the radiator in the up position, But in the Summer its the other way round.

Dunno if this helps at all...

Three pictures of the MS-327 I found via the net.

Ms-327 2LeLv28.jpg

Ms-327 2LeLv28 1941.jpg

Ms-327 2LeLv28 1941_.jpg

Hello,
Michael, Geo, thank you for your help. Wojtek, yes, it's my project. Here is the same aircraft during July 1941.
Lehtovaara U.-MS406 MS327, juillet 1941 (Copier).jpg

I think to build it at this time (late in July), therefore without yellow nose. I have to put less victory on the tail, may be 6 or most probably 7 (like on your photo Wojtek).
I started by reducing the diameter of the wheel wells which was too big
DSCN1085 (Copier).JPG

I had built this model there are 10 or 12 years ago. It was the Classic Airframes model kit with home made decals. Not very happy of my work, I sold it...
Morane Saulnier MS406, LeLv 28, Viitana, automne 1941, Sgt Ch U. S. Lehtovaara_5 (Copier).jpg

My pleasure Stephane. Undoubtedly these two first images I found, show the plane without the yellow quick ID markings. Also the number of the victory markings is different from the one seen in the "winter" shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back