**** DONE: 1/48 Macchi MC.205V - Mediterranean Theatre of Operations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
Username: destrozas
First name: sergio
Category: intermeadilly
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Tauro models
Model Type: Aeromacchi mc205 serie V
Aftermarket addons: resin engine, SBS cockpit

IMG_4110.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Last of a series of good fighters, the MACCHI Mc 205V VELTRO (Greyhound) was a logichal development of the Mc 202, from wich it differentiate for the more powerful engine DB 605A of 1.475 Hp and for the armament strenghtned by two MG 151 guns of 20 mm in the wing.
Starting combat in the april of 1943, the Mc 205V showed immediatly his fighting qualitys, daily the few available planes opposed at the Allie's fighters and bombers wawes, carring out the offensive for the landing in Sicily. The difference between the combat means was enormous and the 8th september 1943 the Italy surrended to the Allies.
Broken in two parts, the Italy saw his pilots and planes fighting in the South with a plenty of flight-hours, were used to support the Yugoslavian partisans and the italian Divisions "Venezia"and Taurinense" fighting with them.
In the Northern side the pilots, thank to the closeness with the Macchi's factory, flow wih new Mc 205 V triyng to oppose at the Allie's bombers. After the last bombing of the may 1944, the Macchi stopped the production of the "VELTRO".
At the end of the war the few planes availables flown for few time as second-line fighters and the passed to the Fliyng-Schools.

my model is composed of 129 parts injection moulded, one in transparent plastic and decals for 2 versions, ANR and Regia Aeronautica, A.N.R.version show the Adriano Visconti's aircraft.

The decals and the paint instruction use to make the Macchi Mc 205 versions:

Regia Aeronautica - 360ª Sq. 155° Gr. 51° St. C.T.

IMG_4103.JPG

Macchi C 205 of the 360 Squadron of the 155th Grruppo of 51 ° Stormo CT base in Sardinia in 1943. Coloring classic D 2A bottom Hazel Light 4 spots with worm-like in Dark Olive Green 2 and lower surfaces in Grey Light Blue 1. note the number 5 in black like the number 360.

Ali%u00252BD%u002527italia%u00252B27%u00252B-%u00252BMacchi%u00252BC%u00252B205.pdf%u00252B-%u00.jpg

Aeronautica nazionale repubblicana -1a Sq. 1° Gruppo Caccia, pilota Magg. Adriano Visconti

IMG_4104.JPG

1526901_471313279646996_248030824_n.jpg

I have not even decided by one or the other but that later, first I have to work hard the engine if I want to leave it to view it is very wrong with the injection

Last edited:
Sexy, sexy, sexy. I bid on one of these babies on E Bay but came up short. She is one super sweet bird and however you finish her, she will look great. Watching very closely.

Cheers,

Jeff

Sergio she is a nice kit but the the engine cowls stop me dead cold as I remember.I was cleaning the office area today and she is one of the 6(?) to be finished.

Hello Sergio, I did two MC 205V in recent years so I got a god amount of information and photos on that bird, so let me know if I can be of any help and I will do my best.

For the second one I used an uncommon camouflage
DSCN1824.JPG

Alberto

thank you all for the support.

is not very fine, they say, the injected the plastic is quite bizarre has many burrs and leaking parts that and everything were some samples to see if bought quantities to sell then, finally, the engine is a disaster has nothing to do either with the DB 605a or the fiat 1050, so with good detail that brings to the rest of the nose part has used the engine I have in resin after nodificare and Colocare who uses the engine of resin.

Kevin is complicated theme nose and cows without problems when finished will put on a workbench and open engine.

Elmas thanks for the images used and fairly safe to see if the version that I have is I or III

alberto time i was thinking of making the plane of JG77 having the nose as the samples and the rest in German typical in RLM 75/74/76 chipping pro after time rummaging decided to make the kit brings the fanciest not more in decals I am storing a large number of spending cuts and no one wants als later, regarding the information I assure you is more than welcome honestly I would be helpful.

john, I am nothing understood but I read a little of both molds in articles stormo !, and from what I saw Taurus models is more complicated to work but it is almost the plane replicated while Hasegawa is quite thinner but gives the most correct measures that if the wings series III say they are the best.

we go with the progress
this is the motor and comes in the kit is a disaster is more an engine already scrapping after being destroyed

IMG_4111.JPG

IMG_4112.JPG

as not decide to convert the engine usable resin that I seek me the plans of fiat 1050, beginning the detailed and transformation of db 601N in db605a
This is the basis of work

IMG_4113.JPG

these are the two turbochargers and the resin kit

IMG_4114.JPG

as I lack the rear of the engine the engine amputated and I'll detailing kit because as the engine that I have is the back of a bd601n, so I'll becoming in Fiat 1050.

IMG_4115.JPG

IMG_4116.JPG

so I'm slowly doing detailed engine, now with 0.8 bar abs copper wire 0.3 and 0.2 will detail the wiring

so I take for now

IMG_4133.JPG

IMG_4134.JPG

IMG_4135.JPG

IMG_4136.JPG

even I have to do more pieces and carve other for parts that are to modify

A lovely looking aircraft Sergio and the detail on the replacement resin engine looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back