**** DONE: 1/48 B-25C 41-12971 345th BG 499th BS "Dirty Dora" , Heavy Hitters GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers guys

Today I've fitted all the interior parts to the fuselage and did some dry brushing in the cockpit and interior to add wear and tear. I did leave one part out - the emergency axe. It was out of scale I think, unless Conan the Barbarian was a member of Dirty's crew. All being well both sides will come together tonight and I can progress on the wings, nacelles and tail tomorrow. Windows have white masks fitted. Sprue MG mounts across the rear window has been added

Back soon.

Peter

Attachments

• interior 002 - resized.jpg
    interior 002 - resized.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 114
  • interior 003 - resized.jpg
    interior 003 - resized.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 127
  • interior 004 - resized.jpg
    interior 004 - resized.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 118
Beaut job throughout mate! Here's a couple more detail shots which might help.
First shot shows the couch in the tail. Note the frame shape at the top of the rear opening for the Perspex tail blister. This is visble through the Perspex (not yet fitted here) Note also the 'knock out' panel on the oval side window.

Attachments

• Mitchell 015.jpg
    Mitchell 015.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Mitchell 014.jpg
    Mitchell 014.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Mitchell 012.jpg
    Mitchell 012.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Mitchell 011.jpg
    Mitchell 011.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Mitchell 010.jpg
    Mitchell 010.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 116
Update time!

Pic 1 General view of progress thus far. I have been working on the seams after getting everything together. This kit has a lot of great fine detail in panel lines and rivets which really cool. The down side it is very easy to remove and hard to replace with the same finesse. Added to this is the type of plastic AM use for this kit. Very soft which bends easy. Tamiya surfacer has worked great on the seams, and I've tried to be as careful as I can.

Overall the fit of the kit requires some very careful test fitting. You can end up with gaps and misalignment easily if your not paying attention.

I had to fit the nose gear before painting, which is inconvenient. Have not broke it yet...but that's on the cards!

Pic 2 I have given the engines a wash with black water colour. Here I have done one of the two.

Pic 3 Also gave the wheels a black wash also. I'll do some more work on the tires later.

Pic 4 and 5 The props I painted dull aluminium to start, followed by the yellow tips, then a dark gray. I have scraped some paint off to reveal the aluminium underneath. If you examine the photos posted earlier, Dora's props were not too bad as far as condition. I'll add the decals soon.

Pic 6 Landing lights. They are just a depression moulded into the panel. After painting the surrounds black, I filled the centre with Model Masters "Chrome". Should look good behind the perspex cover.

Pic 7 Both wings and engine nacelles are more or less complete now, ready for painting. Few more bits and pieces for the fuselage and on with some paint sometime this week. Fingers crossed it will be done on time.

End of update!

Attachments

• fuselage 001 - resized.jpg
    fuselage 001 - resized.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 118
  • engines 005 - resized.jpg
    engines 005 - resized.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 108
  • wheels 001 - resized.jpg
    wheels 001 - resized.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 123
  • props 001 - resized.jpg
    props 001 - resized.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 129
  • props 002 - resized.jpg
    props 002 - resized.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 129
  • landing lights 001 - resized.jpg
    landing lights 001 - resized.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 115
  • wings 001- resized.jpg
    wings 001- resized.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 127
Beaut work Peter, looking forward to seeing the next update. Going to have to get me that kit sometime.
BTW, where do you get those nice clean, not covered in paint and cr*p cutting mats? Mine isn't anywhere near that colour!

Last edited:
BTW, where do you get those nice clean, not covered in paint and cr*p cutting mats? Mine isn't anywhere near that colour!

Terry I have a newspaper set up on the other side of the bench which do all my painting and messy stuff over. I just use the cutting mat for cutting! It's still collects a few spots here and there, but I'm also not a prolific builder. Dora will be my sixth completed model since returning the the hobby 2 years ago! I bet you can do that many in a month!:lol:

Cheers

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back