**** DONE: 1/48 B-25C 41-12971 345th BG 499th BS "Dirty Dora" , Heavy Hitters GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers guys - appreciated.

Todays update.

Pic 1 Started painting the fuselage today. First step was to paint the cockpit framing the interior colour Dark Drab Green.

Pic 2 Then primed the exterior with light gray paint

Pic 3 This is the other side!

Pic 4 I did some pre-shading around the movable control surfaces, bomb bay and gear doors. I'll be keeping the bomb bay closed.

Catch up with you again soon. :lol:

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• fuselage 003 - resized.jpg
    fuselage 003 - resized.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 85
  • fuselage 004 - resized.jpg
    fuselage 004 - resized.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 92
  • fuselage 005 - resized.jpg
    fuselage 005 - resized.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 84
  • fuselage 006 - resized.jpg
    fuselage 006 - resized.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 93
Cheers guys, will have another update very soon - got to get this bird finished.

Not without hiccups though. I bet you guys failed to notice that I had accidently pushed in one of the radio room windows:oops: (don't you just hate that!):lol:

Never mind. AM instructions said these windows were painted over, but looking at the photos, I'm not that sure. Plan is to glue it in from the front and trust Murphy keeps well away. If I stuff up, I will reconsider my interpretation of the photos. :D8)

Cheers

Peter

Shame about the window Peter. Is this the ones immediately behind the cockpit? If so, and all else fails, you could mould a very slightly bulged window, and fit it around the outside of the frame, blending-in with PVA. On this Mark, these windows normally had a shallow 'bulge', so the fitting of a moulded example would be easier than a 'flat' pane on the model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back