**** DONE: 1/48 B-25C 41-12971 345th BG 499th BS "Dirty Dora" , Heavy Hitters GB (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Dan, Andy, Wayne and CR.

Yesterday I was able to get down the first coat of gloss, so today it was time to decal up. This was accomplished but it was not without it's "moments", particularly with the large "Dirty Dora" nose decals. It did reveal that the masks are close, but not exactly matched to the decals. I was left showing a little bit of blue at the bottom which I will need to correct on the starboard side and at the very front around the guns.

The gloss did even out the shading I did earlier, so it's not as prominent. I will probably do a little more shading over the decals and add some staining from the gun muzzle blast.

Here's the pics.

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• decals 006 - resized.jpg
    decals 006 - resized.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 110
  • decals 001 - resized.jpg
    decals 001 - resized.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 106
  • decals 003 - resized.jpg
    decals 003 - resized.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 109
  • decals 004 - resized.jpg
    decals 004 - resized.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 109
  • decals 005 - resized.jpg
    decals 005 - resized.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 107
Damn peter, something new with that bat look and the bird is amazing.!

Thanks Guys!

Okay what did I get done today?

Pic 1 This is the after shot of the front nose. I fixed up some of the gaps in the decals with white and red paint so that the four decals that make up the mouth appear as one.

Pic 2 I started on the exhaust staining using firstly Tamiya "smoke" - very handy stuff! I will finish this off tomorrow with light grey extending back from the exhaust outlet.

Pic 3 Got all the plane together for the first time. Once that was done, I did a wash of "umber" colour, particularly on the wings and tail, highlighting the control surface hinges and such. following that I was not happy with the level of fading as the gloss coat had made it darker. I went back over a few areas with white and faded olive drab to increase the level of fading, including the wing star and bar and blue areas.

Pic 4 Fixed up the mask/decal miss match and added some "smoke" in front of the package guns both sides. Dora really has become a little dirty! A few bits and pieces to go and the matt coat to follow will basically complete Dora. Did I mention the props and undercarriage were done already? The ADF footy? Well they are. Just forgot the pics. Hopefully completion will be tomorrow. Fingers crossed

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• Finals 001 - resized.jpg
    Finals 001 - resized.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Finals 002 - resized.jpg
    Finals 002 - resized.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 118
  • Finals 003 - resized.jpg
    Finals 003 - resized.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 108