****DONE Heavy Hitters GB Revell 1/48 Ju-87D (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Username: B-17engineer
Name: Harrison
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Revell
Category: 3, Beginner
Accessories: None. OOB.

OK so for my "Heavy Hitters" GB.... I decided to do a kit I've had for a month now. The Ju-87D kit by Revell. It is a overall nice kit. I will NOT start until the P-40 is done (Depends, if I have time I may just get the RLM 66 done.) I decided to get the thread up though because I am extremely bored out of my mind.

The Ju-87 D variants were aerodynamically refined, more powerful engine, and heavier armament.

Kit can be completed as a D-5 flown by Col. Hans-Ulrich Rudel (Not sure, many ppl will probably build his craft.) or a D-8 intruder on the Eastern front. Paint scheme is a bit tricky though but really interests me! Any suggestions?

Pictures below show the kit. Cockpit will need a lot of time because of the instruments on the side were moulded in.

Questions!

1. What RLM is the 'Dark Green' they are talking about?
2. What color are the seats?
3.What should all the Equipment molded into the side be colored?

Attachments

• 102_4892.JPG
    102_4892.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 303
  • 102_4893.JPG
    102_4893.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 304
  • 102_4894.JPG
    102_4894.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 304
  • 102_4895.JPG
    102_4895.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 293
  • 102_4896.JPG
    102_4896.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 304
  • 102_4901.JPG
    102_4901.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 286
  • 102_4900.JPG
    102_4900.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 288
  • 102_4899.JPG
    102_4899.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 297
  • 102_4898.JPG
    102_4898.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 285
  • 102_4897.JPG
    102_4897.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Harrison

I've watched your P-40 with great interest and I've witnessed your skills evolve over this very short period of time. As with most people here I will be watching this build too. It looks like a cool subject to model.

Just a suggestion, don't go to crazy with the details on the cockpit just yet. You still need to practice all that you've been learning on the P-40 build.

As for your questions, Not seeing a photo I can't comment on the color you are refering to.

To the best of my knowledge the seats would be the same as the rest of the cockpit but I would defer to the more knowledgeable people here

Question 3, Are you using Model Master RLM 66? If so this is very dark so in order to see the details you could go with black or in my opinion a gray. Something to make it stand out from the walls and then whatever color you choose do a dry-brush to make it pop.

Good luck my friend

Good Luck Harrison. The colours you're looking for will likely be RLM 70 "Schwarzgrun" (Black Green) and RLM 71 "Dunkelgrun" (Dark Green). I see those translations on your instruciton sheet so these are the RLMs you'll need to use. The Light Blue will be RLM 65.

Thanks Andy and Dirk!!

Dirk I only got time to read the review and seems if I'm adding bombs I have to add holes to the wings!

I'll take a look at the others when I get back!

Here's an excerpt from this link:

Luftwaffe Painting Orders

"Reichsluftministrium (RLM) regulations state that prior to November 1941, cockpits/crew areas were to be RLM Green-Gray 02, with the exception of instrument panels, which were Gray with black instrument faces.
After November 1941, all cockpit/crew areas visible through the glazing (windows) were to be RLM Black-Gray 66. Instrument panels remained as previously stated. Fuel lines were yellow, oil lines were brown, coolant lines were green, oxygen lines were blue and fire extinguisher lines were red. Here is a general guide of specific aircraft by type arraigned alphabetically. Keep in mind that with any military regulation, variations of implementation and interpretation were often seen."

"Ju87D*/G series: Cockpit areas are RLM Black-Gray 66 *D-1 first 84 aircraft are RLM Green-Gray 02 "

Nice choice Harrison. Just take it steady and, as mentioned, don't try to do too much detail work yet. The kit will look great painted and dry brushed in the cockpit area, as suggested.

Extremely bored today. So I thought I'd do something on the model that I couldn't completely screw up on.

Testing out Model Master's paint, which I am not fond of as of now. Its not like Testors where even though there is the layer of whatever, if you take drops of it and swirl it the water comes out. This is not like that. (You see the paint in on the card that I was testing w.

Then I tried the cockpit floor.... that's all.

**I've fixed that tiny grey spot, so don't worry.

Attachments

• 102_4905.JPG
    102_4905.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 266
I mixed the paint for a long time. I really don't want to use the airbrush yet.

Paint looks fine when dried, so no worries ;) :lol:

I'll post when completely dry you can see all the details still.

A tip on the airbrush. If you plan things a bit, you can paint the majority of your interior parts that are the same colourt while still on the sprue. That way you're not having to worry about them blowing all over the place on a newspaper. Sure there's touch up after you cut them off but that's just a little brush work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back