George Preddy's P-51D 'Cripes A'Mighty 3rd' (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Almost last night...stay up till 6 this morning (I know you've done that Terry! ;) :lol: ) and slept till about 11... then my parents dragged my tired self out of the house to go out to lunch. :lol:

Reason I was reluctant to post was I F'd up on the right wing... so I resprayed it.

It's looking good! Some of the white needs touch up and it is matt so the gloss cote at the end will help.

Respray is the wing that looks wet... I need to touch up the paint on the cockpit where the panel is. Won't be hard.

Attachments

• 102_6395.JPG
    102_6395.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 285
  • 102_6396.JPG
    102_6396.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 290
Harry...have you painted the P-51D with aluminium ( silver) paint firstly? And then did you try to apply the white right?

If a silver or metalic paint is of the same kind like the rest of paints you are going to use , it has to be applied at the end.The reason for that is that the thinner in a paint attempers the foregoing layer of the silver ( metalic) paint. Also it makes these aluminium and silever ones getting darker. So you have to use either a different kind of silver ( aluminium ) paint as the previous layer ( an oil enamel if you use acrylic paints for instance) or apply it as the last one. Just for the future.
Of course you could have applied the white paint on the model and then masked these areas.

And it is the next reason for being not rushing.

Last edited:
Cheers wojtek! Will strip the invasion stripes block when I get thinner.

Wheels....

I just finished the one to the left..now need the one on the right to dry.

Attachments

• 102_6400.JPG
    102_6400.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 273
  • 102_6401.JPG
    102_6401.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 284

Users who are viewing this thread

Back