George Preddy's P-51D 'Cripes A'Mighty 3rd' (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Why don't you just make them subjects on crazy modeling experiments? (Well, that's what I do on messed up models anyway. ;))

Well, anyway, great work on Preddy's bird H. :thumbleft:

F*ck me, F*ck the model, F*ck Revell, F*ck everything.

The wings made an uneven break when I looked at the model this morning...... the wings just broke off... didn't drop it or anything.

I quit with this one and there is no second guessing this one... .I am taking this out. Why does all the bad S*it happen to be?

Is there any way I can use another P-51 and just build again?

I have an ARII kit P-51 that I can swap places for if you don't mind?

Take a deep breath and walk away for a while Harrison. I realize it is frustrating, but no need to get so worked up, after all it is just a model airplane.

Alright, so if judges allow I'll just make another start. No biggy.

Just need to get to the hobby shop and I am pacing myself this time. :lol:

I have already start another giant 1/48 model and have been working on it in secrecy for a month now. Still am on the troops/cockpit area :) and it looks good.

I'll post those pics sometime soon.

No probs H, by all means start again on another kit. At some time in the future (not now) have a look at the orginal kit, and figure out how, and which way, it can be re-built at some time. If it's a clean break at the joints, there shouldn't be a problem. Did you by any chance us CA (Superglue) on this joint? If so, that's possibly why the break occured. CA is a glue, not a cement and, although it is extremely useful in some areas of meodelling, it has its' limits. One of these is the ability for a joint to fail, especially something like a wing to fuselage joint, as it is the dried glue making the bond. Cement, on the other hand, has a reaction with the plastic, and actually welds the two parts together.
Looking forward to your C47 or Ju52......!!!

:lol: Ju-52 the one Jan wants.

Terry It's worse than I though...tailwheel gone, wing is a jagged break and one of the pieces to the broken area are missing....I am suspecting my little brother...grrr..but will get new colors @ hobby shop on saturday and get my colors again and start over :D

Good job I haven't got a little brother - he'd be a late little brother if he did that to my stuff!!
Good to hear you're starting again. Don't trash the wrecked one though. It might be repairable, or maybe rebuilt as a belly landed one (got some pics of those), or at least a source of spares or perhaps better components for future models.
I'd love to do a Ju52, but I also want to do a C47/Dakota at some time, and haven't got room for both - unless they are hung from the ceiling with Paras dropping out......

Harrison, is that the gaint Ju-52, a medical transport, that I keep looking at? Nice. There was a Ju-52 touring to US a while back. I was able to get inside. I loved it. There was a drawing for free rides. Of course I did not get a ride. If I can get the computer fix, I will scan the photos for you.

DBII

Last edited:
Harrison, is that the gaint Ju-52, a medical transport, that I keep look at? Nice. There was a Ju-52 touring to US a while back. I was able to get inside. I loved it. There was a drawing for free rides. Of course I did not get a ride. If I can get the computer fix, I will scan the photos for you.

DBII

Sweet thanks!!

Harrison, is that the gaint Ju-52, a medical transport, that I keep looking at? Nice. There was a Ju-52 touring to US a while back. I was able to get inside. I loved it. There was a drawing for free rides. Of course I did not get a ride. If I can get the computer fix, I will scan the photos for you.

DBII

DB, I still have my JU52 on the bench and would like to see your pictures. Especially if you have any interior shots.

Harrison, I'm still craving to build a C-47 in full D-Day stripes. Someday

Yep,Trumpeter (inaccurate tail) at around £90, or Revell (Monogram) at £24...I wonder which nicely produced, fairly accurate kit I'll end up getting?!!!!
If you want inteior pics of the Ju52, Guttorm's your man - he's got his real one to play with! I think I've got a cutaway somewhere.

some people have all of the good toys...:lol:

DBII

And some of the best tools to make those toys. Grrrr......:mad:

Don't forget, there is the Revell kit as Terry said, you could obviously custom paint the D-Day scheme on it. (There is also, an Italeri C-47 with the D-Day paintscheme, but unfortunately that is in 1/72 scale. :rolleyes:)

Was planning to get one C-47 to join the group build, but yet I am still busy with my 109 and bugging my mom to get the darn paints. GRRRR! :mad:

Last edited:
Ok....

Been working on spraying the paints and what not...

Masked and sprayed ALL wings...

The tape on the stabilizers are for the black band.

With this paint scheme I HAD to paint before assembly so I don't need to worry about cockpit. The ARII kit allows me to show the engine so I will.

Attachments

• 102_6432.JPG
    102_6432.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 102_6433.JPG
    102_6433.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 102_6434.JPG
    102_6434.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 123

Users who are viewing this thread

Back