Tamiya 1/48 Republic P-47D of Ralph Santasier, 2Z-Q, 510FS, "Boog" (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

gijive

Airman 1st Class
GIJIVE
START DATE 2 March 2010
Tamiya Republic P-47D Thunderbolt "Razorback" on 9th USAAF landing strip somewhere in Northern France.
Novice. First 1/48 build ever!
Decals from Eagle Strike American Jambos

Razorback 27496 2Z-Q 510FS "Boog" Ralph Santasier OD/grey with full D-Day stripes
Straight from the box, aftermarket products decals and seat belts.

Attachments

• ESP48100.jpg
    ESP48100.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 274
  • !BmcFF4w!2k~$(KGrHqMH-CMEtq8kfGJ6BLfmZoYjUQ~~_12.jpg
    !BmcFF4w!2k~$(KGrHqMH-CMEtq8kfGJ6BLfmZoYjUQ~~_12.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Yiou know I bet I do I hardly use underwing stores like the clean look.I will look in the spares box over the next few days (3/9/10 to be exact) and if I have them PM you about them.Kevin

The box ix open, the parts all cleaned and drying and the cockpit parts sprayed with grey primer- it's a start!

next a coat of black before the green to show as shadow in the cockpit.

I've made a start!

Best photo of cockpit as it comes out the box, messed up the decal instrument panel and seat belts, maybe not the best ones to try out Micro sol/set on first time around! So ended up painting the instruments, and will get a seatbelt to add to the seat.

Attachments

• cockpit-p-47d.jpg
    cockpit-p-47d.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 216
Very nice. Looks just like the pit I did on the 404th bird I've got posted over in the "Start to Finish Build" area of the web-site.
I notice that you've painted the Map case on the Starboard side of the cockpit brown. Pictures I've seen of actual aircraft show this either brown or the same green as the rest of the cockpit. Wonder what dictates what T-Bolt had a brown case and which had a green?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back