F-111F, 48th TFW, Lakenheath, Operation El Dorado Canyon, 1986 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's very strange! Dwight notified me that there was no sign of my post which showed on the 'menu' screen, and sure enough there wasn't when I checked. SoIi re-posted, and now, the original post is there as well!
It's those Gremlins again - the ones who keep hiding things in my house!!

have a look in here mate i found some good stuff for my A-10
General Dynamics F-111

Thanks Karl. :) There are some great shots of the Lakenheath birds in there.

Oh and I found this shot on another site. It's a bit sad since this is a shot of Karma 52, the only F-111F loss during El Dorado Canyon:

Attachments

• 70-2389494TFS48TFWKarma52LostSept18.jpg
    70-2389494TFS48TFWKarma52LostSept18.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 115
That was Colonel Sam Westbrook's plane when he was the Wing commander of the 48th TFW. One of the best commanders I served under. He went on to get his star from there.

Awesome shots! :)

Making progress slowly on the build but nothing quite ready for pics. GBU-10'E's, PAVE TACK pod, and ALQ-131 pod are assembled and ready for painting. Working on the gear bays, engine exhausts and cockpit with some of the wheel gear components prepainted on the sprue. Should get the exposed flap areas painted flat red tomorrow. If I get a chance later tomorrow I'll take a shot or two.

:lol: My wife gave me one of her old sewing storage boxes which is totally perfect for storing all the parts as they come off the sprues and keeping them organized in separate compartments. With 150+ parts, this is coming in really handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back