F-111F, 48th TFW, Lakenheath, Operation El Dorado Canyon, 1986 (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks everyone. :)

Gad this kit has tons of stuff to do still. Trying to get the main instrument panel and the rest of the detail painting on the cockpit tub and main wheel well finished. Once the cockpit tub is done, I'll be able to mate it to the forward wheel bay and install both. Then so I can close off the front half of the fuselage and drop the instruement panel into place with forward cockpit covering. When the main wheel bay is done I can install that and the rear and side intake panels and close off the rear half of the fuselage. Okay time to get back to it.

Thanks everyone. :)

Gad this kit has tons of stuff to do still. Trying to get the main instrument panel and the rest of the detail painting on the cockpit tub and main wheel well finished. Once the cockpit tub is done, I'll be able to mate it to the forward wheel bay and install both. Then so I can close off the front half of the fuselage and drop the instruement panel into place with forward cockpit covering. When the main wheel bay is done I can install that and the rear and side intake panels and close off the rear half of the fuselage. Okay time to get back to it.

And when it's all finished, it will be brilliant...................:) :) :)

Dwight, I apologize for dropping the ball on the landing gear.:oops: I'm sorry. Looks like you found some really good material though and this is looking the part sir. Keep up the EXCELLENT work!!!:thumbright: Again, I apologize.

Dwight, I apologize for dropping the ball on the landing gear.:oops: I'm sorry. Looks like you found some really good material though and this is looking the part sir. Keep up the EXCELLENT work!!!:thumbright: Again, I apologize.

No problem Aaron! I managed to get the F-111 Detail and Scale by Bert Kinsey, the Verlinden Lock On #5 and the Squadron F-111 In Action. Those three plus the F-111.net website and a couple of great walkarounds have me covered on the research end. :)

Work in progress: Finishing the main instrument panel. This still needs another pass of grey wash to get a couple of areas that didn't set but it's close.

Pic 1: Bare metal PE

Pic 2: Nearly finished version. To get to this point, I sprayed the PE with Tamiya Semi Gloss Black (diluted 50/50) at 15 psi. Let it dry overnight, then coated it with Future (diluted 20% with ISO 91%). Let that dry and then started applying Pro Modellor light gray wash. Let the first coat dry then used a wet brush to carefully remove the wash leaving the highlights only. It needs to be sealed first. Then it gets mated with a colored paper underlay provided with the PE set andboth pieces are attached to the sanded down kit instrument panel.

Pic 3: Just for grins, I decided to do the F111 D version instrument panel as well.

Attachments

• IMG_F111F_v1a.jpg
    IMG_F111F_v1a.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_F111F_v3.jpg
    IMG_F111F_v3.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_F111D_v3.JPG
    IMG_F111D_v3.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 203

Users who are viewing this thread

Back