Focke-Wulf Fw 190 A-6 W.Nr. 550476 'Weiße 11' 1./JG 1 Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Feb 9, 2009
Sopot
Hello,
I would like to take part in competition with this build.
I want to make Fw 190 A-6 W.Nr. 550476 'Weiße 11' of Oblt. Georg 'Murr' Schott, Staffelkapitän of 1./JG 1. He was credited with 16, 19 or 20 (the number varies in different sources) victories. On 27 September 1943, he was shot down during aerial combat with Allied bombers over the North Sea. He successfully baled out of his stricken "Weiße 11", landing in the sea. He managed to climb into his dinghy. However, an intensive search for him proved futile and the Schott's remains and his dinghy were washed ashore on a beach of the island of Sylt on 11 October 1943.
W.Nr. 550476 came from 550420-550575 production batch, built between July and August 1943 by AGO Oberschleben. I know 2 photos of this crate, published in Eric Mombeek's 'JG 1 Defenders of the Reich vol.2', you can see their scans attached below. The man on them is Schott's 1st Wart, on the right painting a 16th white bar on the rudder representing a B-17 shot down on 19 August 1943. After studying the pictures and checking the plane was used only few weeks at the time, I decided to not do too much weathering on my model. During painting I'll use a profile made by Tom Tullis, attached below.
The kit is Hasegawa's 1:72 Fw 190 A-6 with some aftermarket accessories: Tally Ho's resin wheel wells, Part's photoetched brass and maybe Squadron's vacu canopy, Airwaves' wheels and Aires' resin control surfaces. I would like to use Quickboost's exhausts but I will need to clear and correct them as they're not casted very well and make capable to use in Hasegawa's kit (they're made for Tamiya's Fw 190 A-3) - then make my own resin castings of corrected ones because I have many more Fw 190s to do:) Decals will come from Eagle Strike 72029 sheet.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 667
  • tullis2.jpg
    tullis2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 417
  • IMGP2323_(800_x_600).jpg
    IMGP2323_(800_x_600).jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 436
Thanks for entering CitM, looks like this is going to be a very nice one!
I've now got you listed, but could you please confirm which catefgory you would like to be included in? I'm guessing expert/advanced!
Thanks,
Terry.

Thank you for your inputs, guys!

Thanks for entering CitM, looks like this is going to be a very nice one!
I've now got you listed, but could you please confirm which catefgory you would like to be included in? I'm guessing expert/advanced!
Thanks,
Terry.

I think intermediate will be better, I was quite away from active modelling during last few years.

Without photos yet, but the all the kit's major components are out of sprues now, going through some cleaning up. I've checked the Quickboost's exhausts and they will not match Hawa's kit without serious changes so I have to buy some very thin tin :lol: to make these parts.

Thanks mate, I've put you in Cat 2. Sounds interesting making those exhausts, pity the Quickboost ones can't be adapted, but I'm looking forward to the ones you finally produce. Could you cast some yourself in resin maybe?

It aint no fair that Ive been catagorized as a Level 2 when Ive only seriously built 2 models, the first being a 1:35th Panther Tank and the latest one which is my Gruppe Build entry, the JV44 D-9....

How am I supposed to compete against these guys like CITM and Javlin when I have like no skills????

No fair, NO FAIR!!!!

I dont know Terry.... My skills are so meager that Im amazed that my Dora came out like it did... The only, and I mean ONLY reason it came out so good was that I had the advice of u guys in making the corrections I screwed up...

Im not a Cat 1, that much is obvious, and not really Cat 2 either... Im a novice who has an airbrush, that he really cant control effectivly.... Whatever the Judges decide I will live by...

I hadn't fully realised that you'd only seriously done two models!! Bl**dy amazing! Well, you're better than Cat1, so we'll keep you in Cat 2 mate - you've earned it!
Now back to our friend's thread!

It aint no fair that Ive been catagorized as a Level 2 when Ive only seriously built 2 models, the first being a 1:35th Panther Tank and the latest one which is my Gruppe Build entry, the JV44 D-9....

How am I supposed to compete against these guys like CITM and Javlin when I have like no skills????

No fair, NO FAIR!!!!

That b*tching do NOT suit you Dan, or should I say Daniella!? Snap out of it! :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back