**** DONE: 1/72 B-24H “Booby Trap” - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Last night I masked and painted the OD on the Fuselage. The line between the OD and gray turned out alright except for one tiny spot on the right nose that I'll have to touch up with Neutral Gray

P8120221.JPG
P8120222.JPG
P8120223.JPG

Last edited:
very nice Glenn.

i worry that if i painted wings etc separately that i would mess up my paint work when joining them to the fuselage, any tips how you plan to stop that with this model ?
The way the B-24's wings are attached it is really no problem. It saves masking and makes painting a lot easier. I've made an Academy B-24 before, and the 1/48th scale Monogram, and had no problem doing the painting this way with either one. In both kits the wings fits nicely into a deep recesses in the fuselage and does not mess up the paint at all. On the Academy kit I did a few years ago I even went through the whole paint/Future/decal/Future/dullcote/weathering/dullcote routine and had no trouble at all. Here's a couple of pictures of that joint.

P8130224.JPG
P8130225.JPG

Last edited:
Nice paint mate.
I did my Lanc the same way, wings off. Makes all the other decal work and attachments easier when they are not attached!

I decided to do the "T" group markings for the 490th in paint instead of making decals. The "B-" aircraft code had to be yellow, so making a decent decal would have been difficult. That decided it for me so I got out the masking tape.
EDIT:
Looking at the pictures I too,k now I realize that I left out a few steps. After the black "T" had dried, I masked the white box with Tamiya tape and removed the blue painters tape (it was just there to define the area of the white box. I then painted the lower portion of the tail fins yellow, and when that dried, cut the "B-" out of tamiya tape, applied it and sprayed everything OD. The whole thing took me a period of about 5 hours tonight including a lot of drying time

P8130226.JPG
P8130227.JPG
P8130228.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys :)
I added engraved lines on the bomb bay doors to represent the sectional makeup of them (the kit parts were smooth), finished painting the engines and brushed on the first cote of Future.

P8150230.JPG
P8150231.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back