**** DONE: 1/48 Ju-87B - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
1/48 Ju87B-2 'Snake Stuka' Aircraft Nose Art GB

Username: Wayne Little
First name: Wayne
Category: Judge – Non competing
Scale/Kit: Junkers Ju87B-2 1/48 Tamiya Boxing of the Italieri Kit
Extras : Eagle Editions Ju87B Decals, Quick Boost Resin Prop Spinner and Exhausts, Eduard Zoom Cockpit Set and Mask Set

The Snake STUKA(s)

Well, finally got my butt in a position to get this thread up and running...
I've always wanted to model a Snake Stuka and a Group Build once again gives me that opportunity.
This striking marking has, to date, only been seen on 2 aircraft T6+DP and T6+AN, the latter being the subject of this build using the Tamiya boxing of the Italieri kit.
T6+AN was in fact discovered from a short piece of "In flight" film rather than static photo's discovered of T6+DP.

so here we go....

Attachments

• Snake Stuka_1047.jpg
    Snake Stuka_1047.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 293
Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to your build Wayne.

The wings are glued and most of the edges sanded, one area that is rather cr@ppy is the trailing edge of the wings...and not real easy to get at to fix. was going to fill with super glue but I think i will fill these areas with suitable lengths of stretched sprue and work from there...the plastic of this kit is rather soft for want of a better word so a little bit of thinking and care is necessary.

Attachments

• 1_Wings Assembled_0102.jpg
    1_Wings Assembled_0102.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 235
  • 2_Wing Assembly_0104.jpg
    2_Wing Assembly_0104.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 217
  • 3_Wing Assembly Problem_0106.jpg
    3_Wing Assembly Problem_0106.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 222
Wouldn't it be easier to cut off these ailerons and flaps and make their hinges from scratch? You would have an really easy access to the entire trailing edge. Anyway , a good job My Bro... :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back