*** Group Build #2 WINNERS! ***

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
The judging and tallying of the votes for group build 2 has been completed. We have 2 categories for this build, Beginner/Novice and Intermediate/Medium level.

For the judged competition, the winners are:

Beginner/Novice level category:
1st place in the Beginner/Novice level category is Maglar with his P-61 Black Widow of Maj. Carrol C. "Snuffy" Smith
104374.jpg

2nd place in the Beginner/Novice level category is Rochie with his P-47N, 2 Big and Too Heavy, 318th Fg 333rd FS

3rd place in the Beginner/Novice level category is Rochie again with his Corsair Mk II, JT634, 13-7/P, 1834 FAA Sqn, HMS Victorious

Intermediate/Medium category:
1st place in the Intermediate/Medium level category is Ozhawk40 with his Curtis P-40N Kittyhawk IV, RAAF 76 Sqn G-SV A29-1140
104368.jpg

2nd place in the Intermediate/Medium level category is Muller with his A-20G Havoc, RAAF No.22 Squadron, Kamiri 1944

3rd place in the Intermediate/Medium level category is Javlin with his A6M2b Zero

Members Choice competition:
1st place in the Member's Choice competition is Lesofprimus with his F4U-1A Corsair tribute to his grandfather.
104360.jpg

2nd place in the Member's Choice competition is Wayne Little with his Ki-84 "White 21" 57th Shimbu-Tai

3rd place in the Member's Choice competition is a tie between:
Ozhawk40 with his P-40N Kittyhawk IV, RAAF 76 Sqn G-SV A29-1140
and
Imalko with his F4F Wildcat built completely from scratch!

Congratulations to the winners and thanks everyone for their participation. The judging was very tough for this one and all of you are to be commended for an outstanding job. You guys all upped the standard on this one and I have a feeling that judging on the next build will be even harder.

Good job guys! :thumbleft:

Great job guys! I had fun working on the build. Time to suck up to the great and powerful judges. Well done. I know it was not easy to choose the best.

DBII

Oh Wow! :shock:

Cheers and thanks to all judges and participants, congrats to winners . That's great!

I've really enjoyed the group build and the camaraderie of the guys on this board - cheers!

Peter

Last edited:
Alright.........

Great job fellas... As this was my first Judging experience, I can tell u it was damn hard tryin to find fault with many of the models entered... Everyone did an outstanding job....

Hats off to the Top Dogs of this Build, Peter and Cory, u guys really put the other fellas to the test.....

Congratulations again!!!!

Congrats to all, and thanks guys! It was fun and I learned a lot in both my modeling and quite some history on these wonderful aircrafts. Also some of the native tongue along the way.. Splendid old bean!

Congratulations to all the winners, and all who participated!

Some fantastic work there, you can all be proud! :D :D :D

Excellent job to all, Congrats on the winners, certainly is fun watching you guys post the step by step process of bringing these classics to life, I used to build models but I was always in a rush to finish them and could never come close to the technique that some of you use....Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back