MEMBERS CHOICE POLL, PTO Group Build #2......

Members Choice Poll....

• DBII: B-17E BLUE GOOSE, 11th BG, 7th AF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Catch22: F4U-1 Corsair of Lt. Ken Walsh, VMF-124, White 13

• Catch22: Avenger I 832 Sqd FAA, HMS Begum Group Build

• Catch22: SB2C-4E Helldiver, VB-84, USS Bunker Hill, White 207, April 1945

• Javlin: KI-48-I Type 99 (Lily)

• Lucky13: F4F-4 Wildcat "13", VF-3, W. N. Leonard, USS Yorktown, Battle of Midway

• Lucky13: F4U-4 of Kenneth Walsh, BuNo: 80879, White 13, Okinawa 1945

• Maglar: P-61 Black Widow of Maj. Carrol C. "Snuffy" Smith

• Rochie: A6M2 saburo sakai, Tainan air group, Denpasar Base, Bali Island, February

• Rochie: Corsair Mk II, JT634, 13-7/P, 1834 FAA Sqn, HMS Victorious

• VikingBerzerker: Brewster Buffalo of 2-VLC-V Netherlands East Indies AAC

• VikingBerzerker: Martin 139 Bomber, Netherlands East Indies AAC - Java Island

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK Guys, one of the things we have included in the Group Builds is a Members Choice Award, deemed Best Model Overall, based on the number of votes by Members...

Poll will run for 10 days, so get ur vote in for whose model u deem Best in Show.......

Heres a link that has all the Finished Builds:
#2 Pacific Theater of Operations - Aircraft of World War II - Warbird Forums

Too tough

I did eny meany miny moe between about 8 builds

Seriously some top notch builds guys 8)

It's almost impossible to pick the best one out of this group...they are all outstanding.

It took me about 15 minutes and countless scrolling up down to figure out my choice!

Everyone here can be given congrats on a job well done! :thumbright:

I was torn between a few, but I ended up going with Dan's F4U, mainly because of what the purpose was behind it and what it means.

Agreed. While all the models presented were top notch I had to vote for Les's Corsair for the same reason as Catch. The research, co-operation and input between members, the internal detailing and modifications, and to top it off the weathering performed on the bird to match the photo's of the real birds were simply spectacular IMHO. Great work by all.

Hey for mre I had to go with Peter's P40,I really liked the suttle weathering and paint it just has that look.

Yea Peter there were a lot of good entries and improvement in peoples skills and unusual planes in there.

I voted Les.. his model was beyond modeling. Also, it looked amazing! I want to buy that pro modeler weathering wash, heard its the bon diggity higgity, and then some.. :D

For 'overall effect', if I have to choose one, it's Wayne's - that Frank looks REAL!
A close tie at 2nd Dan's and Terry's.

Has to be said though that all three have the advantage of large scale, and for pure workmanship, Lucas takes top honours in my opinion.

Great stuff guys and whenever you feel the need to get rid of your model, you know where to send it :lol:

So hard to choose, I'll not mention them all, as the story would be too long but I would like to pick out a few:
I must say I loved Vicking's entries for making KNIL aircraft. He really did a good job making them especially as there is not so much info. I noticed he likes making out-of-the ordinary birds (see for instance the next groupbuild). I would like to give him a special nod for that.

Dan's bird is absolutely awesome. The eye for detail is marvellous and I like the dedication he's put into it. The weathering looks absolutely great.

Finally Imalko who didn't take the threaded path of a kit, but decided to make it from scratch. Here you don't just show your skills with painting, but you must also be very inventive while building the model. I think that it came out great. With all these exelent builds, there must be a factor why you choose for a model. In this case I go for the originality of Imalko's model. Great job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back