**** DONE: 1/48 Ju87R-2 "Moshaisk" - Winter War / Eastern Front WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lovely work there, Andy. How the hell do you do such delicate work on those small parts. Either my fingers are too fat or the parts ping out of the forceps and are digested by the carpet gods!

Another anti-ping trick Dale is to place a bunched cloth in a crescent moon shape around your small work area in the hope that the horizontal ping is caught in the cloth. I also ware a butchers bib at times to hopefully catch pings.

Thanks guys. Not much accomplished this weekend but I did detail the gunner's position port wall based on the best references I had available. You can see all the parts added as they have not been painted yet. I'll probably trim away some of the wiring going to the rear before painting.

14090101.jpg

On t'other side, I corrected the position of the single drums and added some triangular bits of card to represent the mounting brackets.

14090102.jpg

Next will be some paint. Thanks for checking in guys.

And that's how it's done! Very good work. I like this approach to detailing much better than dropping in a resin set. Greater challenge, more rewarding. Not that I'm against resin sets...

I have the Ju87-G gunbird in my stash but keep putting it back in the pile. Needs accurizing and I'm too lazy to do it right now.

Cheers guys. Simon, I'd like to do the Kanonenvogel some day too. A lethal looking rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back