****FINISHED: Hasegawa 1/48 Junkers Ju-87G-2, Kdr./SG2 Heavy Hitters GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vic Balshaw

Major General
Jul 20, 2009
Canberra
Username: VicB
First name: Vic
Category: 2
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Hasegawa
Model Type: Ju-87G-2
Details: WerkNum 494193, Geschwader Kommodore Hans Ulrich Rudel, Kdr./SG2, Russia, 1944-45

All done and dusted, literally

Attachments

• Stuks a1.jpg
    Stuks a1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 324
  • Stuks b1.jpg
    Stuks b1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 323
  • Stuks c1.jpg
    Stuks c1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 331
  • Stuks d1.jpg
    Stuks d1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 382
  • Stuks e1.jpg
    Stuks e1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 422
  • Stuks g4.jpg
    Stuks g4.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 388
  • Stuks g3.jpg
    Stuks g3.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 334
  • Stuks g2.jpg
    Stuks g2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 360
  • Stuks g1.jpg
    Stuks g1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 462
  • Stuks f1.jpg
    Stuks f1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
Thanks Andy, I'm kind of pleased myself for a first comp build

Sorry guys, I've put the header details in the wrong place, can one of you Administrators please correct it for me. Thanks

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Vic, you've done marvelous job. Model look great from general appearance to engine and other details. You, should have entered in advanced and not intermediate category.
However, I'm slightly puzzled looking at the picture of your Stuka's engine. It appears to me more like the engine of Ju-87B and not the later series.

119463.jpg

Here's one picture I found of the engine of Ju-87D. "G" and "D" series had different engine layout then earlier models...

Attachments

• Copy of img_053.jpg
    Copy of img_053.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 280
Thank guys, very much appreciated

I'm slightly puzzled looking at the picture of your Stuka's engine. It appears to me more like the engine of Ju-87B and not the later series. Here's one picture I found of the engine of Ju-87D. "G" and "D" series had different engine layout then earlier models...

You, should have entered in advanced and not intermediate category.

Ops, that's what comes of not having sufficient research info to hand. Oh well, it is my first Group Build and boy did I enjoy it.

I entered the category 2 as I considered my skill to be somewhat limited, having only previously built straight from the box without added detail. This is my first competition build and the first kit I have ever done with enhancements and as I progressed with the build I was inspired by the techniques and skills of others in the forum and have wherever possible applied what I've seen and learnt into the detail of this model, consequently the finished item has gone way beyond my initial expectations.

Needless to say folks, if you believe that I should be moved up a peg to Category 3 in this Group Build, no sweat, that ok by me. I'm just happy to have made a model which has given me great pleasure to build and has seen a vast improvement in my modelling skills, not to mention the fact that I'm more than pleased with the outcome.
Also thanks to all you great modellers out there for unwittingly helping me along.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Very nice job Vic. You gonna build a dio to put it on? I like the ladder and table and with a couple of figures, it would make a great maintenance scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back