**** DONE: Bf 109 E-4 Helmut Wick JG 2 Oct 1940 BoB group build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Let the record reflect...

Karl, it's unanimous I think. I like the first two as well, but I would have like to see how the scheme showed up on your wife.:lol:

WoW! Brilliant effect mate! Definitely the first two, and particularly the second one for shade. great job mate.
BTW, I've just discovered that Hippocroccofrogs are RLM 66 0ver RLM 74, with a shading of RLM 70 and underlined in a rare colour, RLM 108 Slimegrun .......

Should look very good on the finished article Karl

BTW Terry Hippocrocofrogs also get their underwear to RLM specification. Stopenzemfromfloppen.

Karl like the first one myself but like the smoothness of the texture on the second attempt might just just be the pic playing on my eyes.I will ask after the GB the technique used:?:

ok progress today, cockpit painted and assembled then fitted.
fuelage closed up and wings attached.
ok question

what colour would the exposed parts of the flaps and slats when they are open be RLM 02 ?

Attachments

• Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Picture 037.jpg
    Picture 037.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Picture 038.jpg
    Picture 038.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 88
That's what I went with.I heard or read that later when the pits went RLM66 that areas outside of that were to remain RLM02.I was told on one build over at LSP that it might be wing camo color but I could not quite buy into that.I mean that the German war machine at this time ran very well and they loved to number everything for a match unit my G43 is such .So why all the attention to detail and just go and spray what ever,I do not think so.Now later in the war I would not doubt that occur as field mods started happening more readily and the quality of the rifles started to show this also.Cheers

Looking good Karl waiting to see the paint scheme applied ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back