A6M2b Zero Cockpit Colors (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fly 313

Recruit
Jun 6, 2009
California
Hey Guys

I'm new to this posting thing so bear with me....

I am look to find some information on the cockpit color of the Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero. After doing alot of looking around on the internet I'm getting different information on what color they used for the cockpits. Some say "green" and some "gray".
Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks

here you go

Attachments

• Project1.jpg
    Project1.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 2,477
According to a book about the Japanese cockpit colour it should be the FS33578 colour.the sample below.

Attachments

• FS33578.jpg
    FS33578.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 350
Color talk is always endless in Japan too and I do not necessarily like it but, please let me say,
I haven't seen beige color for the Zero cockpit at least.
I believe here is an answer on my CG work.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Zero_seat_S.jpg
    Zero_seat_S.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 467
I don't think the colour was the beige.It was of yellowish tonality that applied on the aluminium plate became of greenish one.What is more the Fly313 asked about the A6M2 Zero which was the early model of the fighter machine.In mentioned above book I found the green colour in cockpits of late Zeke's.

I didn't intend to introduce my work but thanks for the complimentary post Micdrow:)

Here is a Zero seat photo.
This was captured by the Soviet Union during the war and condition is still excellent as this has been kept in a warehouse.

Yes, I think the cockpit color was based on green too.

Attachments

• a6m_seat.JPG
    a6m_seat.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 414
Sorry, I don't know, Wurger. but.....
I guess it's of A6M5 because they had no chance to get Zero till they advanced to the northern Kuril islands on/after August 15, 1945. It has been being thought a part of German aircrafts for a long time.

Well known Zero Expert Ryan Toews provides the 'Green' colour range for A6M2 Zero cockpit interior varying between FS 34095 to 34098...for a Mitsubishi built aircraft....and the upper decking under the canopy was a Blue-Black.

Attachments

• A6M2 Zero cockpit colour range.jpg
    A6M2 Zero cockpit colour range.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 532
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back