About Spitfire Mk.XII MB831 ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 18, 2011
Montech
www.facebook.com
Hello,

I would like to start a new project, an Airfix 1/48 Spitfire XII serial MB831 to depict the aircraft flown by Raymond Harries in July 1943. But I found 2 sources regarding the letter code of this aircraft: DLoR and DLoV (found MB832 and MB839 too for DLoV !!!). Harries was the Squadron Leader at this time so I think DLoR is the most probable but anyone can confirm the letter code ?

TIA, regards
Stéph

I've got the full listings, along with which airframes had retracting tail wheels, and which had fixed. I'll check and post the results once I've had some sleep!

Sorry Steph, I've searched high and low, and can't find the magazine article giving the information! I had it only a couple of months ago, so it's got to be here somewhere!
I'll keep looking and post it when I find it!

Found it !
The information I have comes from an article by Neil Robinson, a well respected aviation author/historian, and was published in 'Airfix Model World', issue 4, March 2011.
The full list of all MkXIIs in squadron service is shown, with 91 Squadron's DL-K being shown as EN625, a MkV/MkIX aiframe, with fixed tail wheel, and these decals are included in the Airfix kit, for the aircraft flown by Sqn. Ldr. R.H. Harries, at Hawkinge, in May 1943.
MB839 is shown as DL-V, with MB832 as DL-S. There is no listing for MB831.
Hope this helps.

Found it !
The information I have comes from an article by Neil Robinson, a well respected aviation author/historian, and was published in 'Airfix Model World', issue 4, March 2011.
The full list of all MkXIIs in squadron service is shown, with 91 Squadron's DL-K being shown as EN625, a MkV/MkIX aiframe, with fixed tail wheel, and these decals are included in the Airfix kit, for the aircraft flown by Sqn. Ldr. R.H. Harries, at Hawkinge, in May 1943.
MB839 is shown as DL-V, with MB832 as DL-S. There is no listing for MB831.
Hope this helps.

Just perfect :thumbright:
A big thank you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back