Bartels' aircraft (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

weinace

Airman 1st Class
Jan 4, 2009
Yorkshire UK
I'm building Heinrich Bartels Bf109G-6.

Claes Sundin shows the 'victory bars' on the tailplane as red, Mark Styling shows them as black.

Claes Sundin shows the Gruupe III marking as red, Mark Styling shows it as black.

I would be MOST grateful if anyone could advise me as to who is correct!!

Regards,

weinace:p

I think that's IV gruppe and I'd do it red.You can just see part of the "squiggle" here and it looks the same as the red number.
bartels-1.gif

I'd do the victory markings red too for the same reason.
Interpreting B+W images is very subjective and I claim no particular expertise,ultimately it's up to you!
Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
Thank you ALL for your replies - RED it is then, which IS lucky because Eagle Editions decals are in red!!

Regards,

..Styling correct ?...don't make me laugh...the guy is a menace...does no research whatsoever that I can see. I once bothered to email him with a bunch of corrections for his Luftwaffe a/c profile 'artwork' . Got a very unpleasant mail back. Which is why whenever I see his name mentioned now, I can't help but think 'idiot!'

I guess you found this page

FalkeEins - my Luftwaffe blog: Bf109G-6 Heinrich Bartels IV./JG 27 (2)

Last edited:
LW2.jpg

2128769993_7c2d137cb6.jpg

skyhawk_1320.jpg

Just some random pictures, hope they will help some. To me, the picture of him and the rudder, the kill markings look like they would be red.

AGAIN!

Thank you all for your feedback and especially your photographs and Falkeins connections to your various sites.

The generosity of members never fails to amaze me.

Warm regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back