BF109 camoflague in August 1940 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

zetland76

Airman
Mar 29, 2009
Ilkley, UK
Sorry to make a request that has probably been done to death but... I have made a PSS 1/10 scale model and I want to paint it in colours of this period. Can anyone point me to a colour 3-view or recommend a book that will give me the detail?

Thanks

Mike

There is so many books about Bf109 of all variants and their camo schemes.ALso, if you use Google you can find a lot of these nice profiles for Messerschmitt. The period of WW2 you are interested in , is coverd by many issues for both modellers and people who are inerested in the WW2 history. And it is not too easy to recommend one book only.Especially that the 1940 year was the one when the Jagdwaffe was involved in operations that run at a couple of different operational areas and had to adjust the basic camo scheme to more approperiate ones for these regions., So the August is not too accurate date. Generally we can say that the RLM02/71/65 scheme was the main camo variant. The RLM's numbers are paints you should use for the painting. However the RLM74/75/76 camo scheme appeared as well. Generally, the layaut of spots on Bf109E ( because the variant was used at that time) was the same for both of camo schemes. The differences were colours of paints.

For finding of tonalities of paints you can use the link.....

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorcharts/stuff_eng_colorcharts_germany.htm

I hope it will help

Attachments

• Bf109E_Galland.jpg
    Bf109E_Galland.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
In addition..I would suggest going through the thread about Luftwaffe camo here in the section and checking on BOB Group Build sub-section in Modelling section of the site..

And here a couple of books that can come in handy....

Attachments

• LW camo vol I.jpg
    LW camo vol I.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 249
  • LW camo vol II.jpg
    LW camo vol II.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 272
  • SAMBf_109 vol1.jpg
    SAMBf_109 vol1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 238
  • Jagdwaffw BoB 1.jpg
    Jagdwaffw BoB 1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 240
  • Jagdwaffe BoB 2.jpg
    Jagdwaffe BoB 2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 240
  • Jagdwaffe West 1940.jpg
    Jagdwaffe West 1940.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 257
  • Jagdwaffe BoB 4.jpg
    Jagdwaffe BoB 4.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 248
  • Jagdwaffe BoB 3.jpg
    Jagdwaffe BoB 3.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 255
  • LW clours.jpg
    LW clours.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 245
  • LW at war.jpg
    LW at war.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 259
  • Bf109 at war.jpg
    Bf109 at war.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 346
  • Modelling Bf109.jpg
    Modelling Bf109.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
You are welcome.... But check the thread again, please. I have added a link for paint references in my first post here. Unfortunately our posts have criss-crossed and something might have been omitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back