Captured Butcherbirds (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dirkpitt289

Master Sergeant
Jul 16, 2009
South Plainfield New Jersey
Does anyone have the book captured butcherbirds and can give me a close up and or history of this bird?

atelier%20kecay%20-%20captured%20butcherbirds0051.jpg

My tired old eyes can mke out the colors and markings from this tiny photo. :oops:

Dirk, check out Eduard's website you can download there instruction sheets and i think that bird is in their Fw190 D-11 profile pack kit

scratch that i just checked and it is a different captured Dora

Last edited:
Hi dirkpitt289, I can't help with colours but I have a little historic info on the '190 in question.

Fw 190D-9 W/Nr 401392 coded 'Black 5' of JG 26, surrendered at Flensburg to the RAF and marked as 'USA-13' visible over the fuselage stripes, before being handed over to Colonel Harold E. Watson under Operation Lusty, the retrieval of German equipment and information for investigation by the US. Sent to the USA via Cherbourg via HMS Reaper. Recorded at Newark September 4 1945, when the picture on the colour sheet was taken. It was 'flyable' at Freeman Field between May and August 1946 when it received the Foreign Evaluation code FE-121/T2-121 and a repaint into a spurious LW colour scheme. By August 15th it had been recommended for 'salvage'. Presumably scrapped soon afterwards.

I hope this is of interest to you.

I have the reviews of the colors of this unit you will seek them out and place them as it is a model that had planned to do, let me some time to locate and you put them, but I can put you it was something so rlm83, rlm75 , 76 and rlm84 rlm. with
the misnamed rlm99 it was a degradation of rlm76 is what is on the side of the plane

Here is the link where you put eduard the instructions on the d-9 although the rlm83 is green and the schedule will wear gray.
http://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/8184.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back