Fw-190 A-8 "Blue 8"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ikerus

Airman 1st Class
Sep 15, 2009
indianapolis, IN
I have found a side view of this color scheme, but cant find a top view so I make the camo right for a R/C model airplane

Attachments

• Blue 8.jpg
    Blue 8.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 489
You can find the info in many books about Fw190A of course. However I haven't seen any top view of the particular Wurger from 9./JG5 Eismeer.But according to a few books it is almost sure that the Fw190 was painted with the standard camo scheme RLM74/75/76. In the pic of the Fw190A there are seen areas of overpainted markings of the previous markings ( I think of 13/JG5 ), especially of IV.Gruppe wavy band.It is likely that for that was used RLM75.But it is possible that there was used RLM83 as well.But there is no proof of that rather.As the plane wore the standard camo scheme here you are a sketched pattern of the kind of camo with marked colours for it.Also I have found a pic of the crate but it is not of a good quality.

Attachments

• Fw190A8 9JG5 Blue8.jpg
    Fw190A8 9JG5 Blue8.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,133
  • Fw190A8 camo scheme1.jpg
    Fw190A8 camo scheme1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 437
You can find the info in many books about Fw190A of course. However I haven't seen any top view of the particular Wurger from 9./JG5 Eismeer.But according to a few books it is almost sure that the Fw190 was painted with the standard camo scheme RLM74/75/76. In the pic of the Fw190A there are seen areas of overpainted markings of the previous markings ( I think of 13/JG5 ), especially of IV.Gruppe wavy band.It is likely that for that was used RLM75.But it is possible that there was used RLM83 as well.But there is no proof of that rather.As the plane wore the standard camo scheme here you are a sketched pattern of the kind of camo with marked colours for it.Also I have found a pic of the crate but it is not of a good quality.

Don't know if it helps at all but my copy of Luftwaffe Code Markings by Barry C Rosch (Schiffer books) places the photo at Herdla Norway in March '45. The planes are stated to be from Gruppe IV of JG5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back