Galland's Mickey Mouse decal

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

zetland76

Airman
Mar 29, 2009
Ilkley, UK
I am trying to complete the markings on my PSS 1/10th scale Me109.
Does anyone know of a high def drawing of Galland's Mickey Mouse and Squadron badge on this site or is there a company that sells such decals.

Thanks Mike

wow, a 1:10 scale 109...please post some pics! Sorry I can't assist, I only have decals of Galland's 109E-4 in 1:48 scale, but would love to see yours. Good luck!

DSCF0013.JPG

Thanks for the responses

The plane is completely scratch-built from Styrofoam and covered in brown parcel paper. It is a two channel (aileron and elevator) slope glider. On the slope it gets some heavy landings, needs to take the knocks and be cheap and easy to repair. Scale detailed it is not!
The canopy was a bit fiddly and I should have added the exhausts. Oh! And a scale pilot should be added (I'm working on this). There is a small jack-plug in the side I use as the on-off switch. Decals are printer on an inkjet on standard 80gsm paper and sealed with clear acrylic spray.

Looking very nice.

As far as the 1/10 scale decal marking are concerned... if you was able to print the chevron and bars markings of a Geschwaderkommodore you can print the Mickey Mouse and JG26 emblems as well. It's strange you haven't done that so far.

The truth is, I actually drew the chevron and bars with a CAD program ("TotalCAD") I bought at the local supermarket. Mastering the package took ages and getting the scale correct was tricky. I don't have the other drawings. I did find some on this site but they were very small and lost detail when I tried to scale them up.

Looks like the E-4? I'd still love to have a radio controlled dogfight one day! Spitfire vs 109 or Mustang vs FW190!

Wurger. It is the E4 variant I believe. I remember that you advised me of a link that produced a single A4 sheet with that plane with a picture of Galland on it. It was very useful during the construction.
Alte Hase. Got a Spitfire as well, but it is in the hanger for some front end work. I said they have a hard life!!

Don't know if this helps but I found this in one of my pics folders...

Attachments

• 26adgall.gif
    26adgall.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 105

Users who are viewing this thread

Back