Interesting 109G-6-R1 camo/unit.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

enven

Airman
Jul 22, 2006
Me109G-6-R1_UnknwnUnit_RuOZ_1944.jpg

Someone explain this to me!

Hi,
I've found a few infos only on this G-6.According to Swiss source ( the uploaded pic also from this source) :

Les Messerschmitt Suisses

the Bf was interned at Samedan airfield after losing geographic orientation in mountains.Later the Bf109 was used by Swiss Air Force as J-713.On 29 May 1946 the Gustav was crashed on the Pizzo di Rodi mount.

A small problem I've met is the Werk nummer of the Bf109G6.Swiss source says 162764 but the Polish one states 162784.

Attachments

• 109g1_3.jpg
    109g1_3.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 596
Wk Nr 162764 landed at Samedan on 29th March 1944 at 11.00. Ofn. Lothar Hirtes of 4./JG 5 was ordered to take the aeroplane from Erding to Osoppo on the Italian front. Bad weather conditions over the Alps caused him to loose his way and he landed on the unknown mountain airfield with approximately 100 litres of fuel left. In his flight book the aircraft was noted as a Me 109G-6/J Bo Rei. This means it was along range fighter bomber.

On 1st April it was flown from Samedan to Dubendorf. During the summer of 1944 it was stored in a factory at Emmen. On 23rd August it was prepared by Hug Group in Bouchs to send it to the Fliegekorps. It was given the number J-713. It was probably at this time that it was repainted in new Swiss camouflage of olive green and brown with equivalent of RLM 76 on the undersides. The aircraft had arrived with the fuselage in grey primer. At the same time a purchase price for it was negotiated. Rittmeister von Eggen asked for 500,000 Swiss francs with half the price in hard currency. As EMD (Swiss Army Department) already processed the aircraft they considered 250,000 to be enough. Even though Berlin lowered the price to 400,000 the Swiss did not accept it. Until the end of the war the plane stood unused at the airfield at Bouchs. On 8th November 1945 it was flown to Altenrhein and test flown on 3rd December before being transferred to Fl.St. 7.

On 29th May 1946 Ogfr Zweiacker took off from Emmen airfield and headed to Teesain. When flying over the mountain pass he encountered thick cloud and turned back. He circled over Erstfeld and wanted to go through the Sustenpass to Engrlberg. He never made it and was reported missing. On 4th September 1953 mountaineers found J-713 at Pizzo di Rodi. From analysis of the wreckage it was concluded that he was heading north from Airolo. The cause of the accident has never been established.

Attachments

• scan0017.jpg
    scan0017.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 521
  • scan0018.jpg
    scan0018.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 523
  • scan0019.jpg
    scan0019.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 569
Hi Wurger, This article may interest you. It came from here.
The Messerschmitt Bf-109 in Swiss Service by Avions

Enjoy

Attachments

• bf-109.JPG
    bf-109.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 489
THX a lot.I think Antoni has hit the nail.But thank you again.:D

It's really sad there are no image of this aircraft with the wing drop tanks and/or the bomb(s) installed.

At least it'll look good as a profile graphics.

The book or magazine depending on how you classifiy it covers quite a few Bf-109's in Swiss service, if you need some more info on other aircraft please feel free to ask Wurger. It also has quite a few Swiss pilots pictures in it.

That's very kind of you.Could you scan these and will make a Zip file to upload there in order to download this by myself? Thanks in advance.:D

Now everything is clear.It is available by Jadar Model Centrum.No wonder the book is so expensive.Like everythings there.THX fot the info.:D

Do you speak Polish?

No, I don't speak Polish.

In the UK the book is £35.95 - 117 Zl £23 to £24. Guess who I bought it from, and I get a 10% discount.

£36 is very expensive for a paper back book, even here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back