Ju-87 "d yellow" the st.g2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
would need your help, I'm trying to find some reference photos, I would like to buy this model of the plane and the decals but schematics are drawings and I always like to have photographic support, I searched the internet but I have only seen two photos of the device in flight and already had in the squad Kagero book, So here I leave my request for help.

I want to target in the winter because then he has to go blank if possible.

Last edited:
this pictures are the only thing that the other is smaller and has a wider field of vision.

EagleCalsEC143StukasVolI5_zpsf06604b3.jpg

I was not correct because the "d yellow" if not the "g yellow" is a ju87b in the winter of 1941/1942.
in the decals is a reference to a book:

Stuka Volume One, Luftwaffe Ju 87 dive-bomber units 1939/1941, page 93, is the same photo.

Last edited:
The painting of the B-2 Stuka seems to be similar to the one.... the white removable paint was applied on the standard RLM70/71 camo scheme. almost all markings on the plane were a little bit oversprayed.

UNITS_03_STG2_profile2.jpg

The profile above is almost the same printed in the mentioned above book. The only difference is the spinner colour which is of the RLM70 according the book. Alos it is stated there that it could have been the R-2 variant.

Thanks wojtek,

that profile is very similar to the one that comes with the decals of eaglecals # 143, 1/48, but as you say was supposed on 70/71/65 classic but in the instructions of the decals on top of the wings marks in a color similar to RLM76 puzzles me hence the questions.
I put a picture to look as I have no camera to take a picture.

2_fs.jpg

I undestand now. But I don't think there was the additional colour on tops. I think it is a kind of mistake at the rendition of the B&W picture. The white paint ( I'm sure you know about it ) wasn't very resistant to the weather conditions. So these lighter areas could have been caused by it . Also many maintenance crews applied the paint hastily and very sloppily. The thickness of the paint layer could have been different at these areas. It means that the weather could caused the earlier disappearance of the paint at these areas. Of course we can't exclude that these areas were just the effect of a kind of slightly overspraying only and the standard RLM70/71 camo spots could have been visible partially through the white paint. Additionally some areas of tops coud have stayed unpainted with the RLM70/71 making the camo more varied.

T6+AN was one of the "snake" Stukas. The camouflage was applied for North Africa. It was either an overpaint of RLM 79 or an Italian colour.

Here's one of its stablemates which I did some time ago.

PRQtr_web-2_zps10e20cad.gif

It has nothing to do with the winter camouflage.

Steve

Steve, Sergio meant the Yellow G on the right side of the instruction sheet posted in the post #7

Last edited:
Steve, Sergio meant the Yellow G on the right side of the instruction sheet posted in the post #7

Okay,that makes more sense :)
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
I continued digging and I found a reference in a book, I do not remember now what it is, is what has to be looking at f1 and be reviewing books, which then can not remember where, for the case the plane before being painted white could be read on its side T6 + GL, in the summer of 40 belonged to the III. / ST.G 2

geo I put that model does not correspond with the series, I'm looking for the B2, I think that should be the substitute of the same plane when updated or something like that, but this I will also come in handy, since I have other stukas to 1/72 without decals do not know what to do with them

if it was my mistake that I do not know where the registration was remove the yellow d g instead of yellow. is what is going to make things fast without looking anything but memory and watch for the start of F1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back