Ju-88 A-4 cockpit interior color

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

plheure2

Senior Airman
Nov 9, 2009
Massachusetts, USA
Greetings, gents, and Happy New Year 2014

If this question I'm about to pose has already been answered elsewhere, please accept my apologies. In 1942, what was the cockpit interior color of Ju-88 A-4s? Was it RLM 02 or RLM 66? I just got an RG Ju-88 A-4 in 1:72 scale, and I want to be sure I have my colors right. Thanks in advance! :salute:

Pete

RLM 66.

The colour was introduced in Junkers aircraft in 1939/40 for sure. It is the colour in the Ju 88 A-1 recovered in Norway and being restored at the Norwegian Defence Museum, Gardemoen. This aircraft first flew in January 1940.

This site will provide a good reference and some good pictures of the recovered aircraft. JU88.net

Cheers

Steve

I wonder where Guttorm is (the chap involved in the restoration, who's site that is) ? He hasn't been around for some time. I have a piece of the wooden floor from that aircraft, which he sent me, and I'm about to get it framed, to go with my other 'aircraft bits'.

Last I heard he was having problems logging on. Earlier this year I touched base with him via email and he was helping to reassemble and paint FW 190 Black 3.

Black 3.jpg

Thanks David, and a great pic!
I'll send him an e-mail, as I seem to recall he had problems logging on, from one of the last e-mail messages I had from him. I offered him all the landing gear parts from my Ju88 kit (not needed for a belly-landed diorama), but didn't hear back from him.

It's in the restoration facility at the Royal Norwegian Air Force Museum at Gardemoen, where Guttorm works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back