P-47D "Big Ass Bird II" question...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

LA2019

Airman 1st Class
Jan 11, 2009
I'm finishing up my 1/72 of the above model and have a question about the canopy. I've seen some pictures of the BABII with canopy frames painted the same olive drab as the anti-glare in front/behind the canopy. But I've also seen some pictures with bare aluminum on the canopy. Does it really matter? I'm leaning towards the olive drab just for consistency....

I think it depends on the P-47 type ( with the dorsal fillet or without) . If it was of NMF like in pictures below, you might leave it of bare metal colour. If the model is of the kite with the dark painted conopy frame you can use the olive drab paint. However a couple of modellers made the Jug with the windscreen of the Olive Drab colour but the sliding back part of cockipt conopy of the red one or the entire frame of red. But I would follow the first option.

watermark.php

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTh9SQ8wKIkT9TyiwjhHl7E_XA_XBzBKvPpwk0RyyWDjDHUgE9OBvJzvFc7gA.jpg

post-1-1193794995.jpg

page76_2.jpg

3_64.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back