Reichs Defence Bands

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

weinace

Airman 1st Class
Jan 4, 2009
Yorkshire UK
I am sure that I read on this site an article about certain Luftwaffe Geschwader having a coloured horizontal stripe across the Reich's Defence Band - possible JG300?

Can anyone supply the link?

No matter what I put into the 'search engine' I cannot find it.

Thanks,

weinance:p

can't help with the link, but I suspect you mean JG301,

Stab - Green Bar
I Gruppe - White Bar
II Gruppe - Red Bar
III Gruppe- Yellow Bar
IV Gruppe - Blue Bar

My White 2 of 5/JG301

Attachments

• 13_Finnished_3222.JPG
    13_Finnished_3222.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 182
Hi Wayne!

Thank you VERY much for your prompt reply and the stunning example of the 'stripes/bars' in question.

I am collecting all the 'bits and pieces' to start building kits after a 33 year lay off - the images of your built kits (especially Fw190s) act as a real inspiration!!

Regards,

weinace

They call him 'Wayne da Vinci' in certain circles. You should see some of his other masterpieces.

Hi Wayne!
Thank you VERY much for your prompt reply and the stunning example of the 'stripes/bars' in question.
I am collecting all the 'bits and pieces' to start building kits after a 33 year lay off - the images of your built kits (especially Fw190s) act as a real inspiration!!

Regards, weinace

You are welcome Sir....see below for my other II/JG301 bird built a long time ago....

They call him 'Wayne da Vinci' in certain circles. You should see some of his other masterpieces.

er..thanks...:oops:

Attachments

• fw190A-9_Red_22_8209.JPG
    fw190A-9_Red_22_8209.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 694
ANOTHER beautiful build - again my favourite aircraft Fw190 family.

Lucky you live in Australia or I might be attempted to break in and 'nick 'em'!!

Regards,

weinace:)

So Wayne on my most recent build of the 190 is the literture wrong then stating JG 300 when it should be 301?

not wanting to answer for Wayne but JG 301 had three gruppen of Fw 190A's while JG 300 had Geschwader stab with no horizontal bar and then just II.Sturmgruppe each with different colors numbers with matching horizontal gruppe bars: 5th red, 6th white, 7th yellow and 8th with black

one of the probs with JG 301 crates as they did not always wear the horizontal bar even in the normal situation with II. gruppe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back