in search of 74th Ftr Squadron "Unoffcial" emblem "Rider on Horse"...................

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Johnny Signor

Airman 1st Class
Jan 5, 2008
Hello , I'm an avid WW2 military aviation unit emblem researcher, I am looking for a good clear image of the design used by the 74th Fighter Squadron that had a Cartoonish goofy looking pilot wearing a leather flying helmet w/goggles and holding alongside of his body a 50 caliber machine gun trailing a short ammo belt and he's riding a goofy looking horse at full gallop , and all on a round background .

I have seen only a small blurry black and white photo of a "sign" type either metal or wood propped on a running board or a army truck and a color blurry photo of a Leather patch of the same design , if anyone has a good photo/sketch etc and the colors to this emblem , I would be very greatful of a scan, and will be willing to make them a Free Leather patch of the deisgn !

I hope to hear from someone as this emblem has "eluded" me for some time and I'd really like to get it nailed down for my collection of images of WW2 emblems, I appreciate the time and efforts and await replies , have a great day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny :D
[email protected]

Finally found a image via a friend online , no way to post it here , sorry !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back