Vassiliades Tempest EJ658 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

zaxos345

Senior Airman
Jul 20, 2009
Ilion, Attiki
Good evening guys, i am trying to collect some info about Vassilios Vassiliades ''Tempest'' period. As you may know i have already build his P-51 Mustang III here
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/st...ilios-vassiliades-vass-1920-1945-a-29755.html
''Vass'' was killed on 25th of March 1945 with his Tempest EJ658 during his second Rheine Patrol.
What i am looking for are the fuselage code letters, should be JF- something??
Does anyone happen to have any info about that? If it is a photo that would be great.
Thank you in advance for any help.

John

Last edited:
Andy good evening. What i have found out, with the help of an English friend, according to the squadron's ORB on 25th of March 1045 ''Vass'' flew 2 sorties:
-Patrol Rheine EJ 758 10.45-12.00
-Patrol rheine EJ 658 16.45-Not Yet Returned (NYR)
He flew many times with EJ755 during the previous days but not this one!!!
Funny thing is that i cannot find anything else for the specific aircraft, EJ 658, and it is a pity because i want to build the same one he was killed with!
Anyway if i am lucky i will do it, otherwise i will choose a different coded Tempest he used to fly with.

John

Cheers John. I have very little in my reference library on the Tempest. Good luck with your question. If you have an account at 12 O'Clock High, the guys there are most knowledgeable and may be able to help you out.

Thanks Andy, i have completed my registration there and i have post a similar topic. Lets hope that something will come up!!!

John

Thanks guys, Andy indeed, by the way, Chris answered me on Britmodeller, saying that it was EJ755. At the beginning i did not realize who Chris is, when i did, i was convinced. He must know something better as he has done a lot of research about Typhoons and Tempests!!

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back