Dora sim pit (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GreyWolf

Airman
Dec 30, 2007
SpringTown, Tx.
I have been working on a sim pit for some time now. found a web site of a I believe German man who built a really amazing pit for online gaming. I seemed to have lost the web site, wish I had it he may have this thing finished. mine is now way close but Im still working on it so Ill hold showing my pit for a bit, but its a working one that I use for the last 2 years.

Salute Wolf

Attachments

• d9_oktober05_22.jpg
    d9_oktober05_22.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 610
  • fw90_outside_07.jpg
    fw90_outside_07.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 495
  • fw_d9_holz_04.jpg
    fw_d9_holz_04.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 2,531
  • fw_d9_holz_03.jpg
    fw_d9_holz_03.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 529
  • fw_d9_holz_05.jpg
    fw_d9_holz_05.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 450
You got ot love the feel of being in a pit thou, and theres a good side to this.
if you want to be really be good at something I cant think of a better way. flying from a desk and crappy seat is not good for that game to game feel.
your back hurts after a while and the dang joy stick is always in a new place.
needs to fit like a glove every time you get in so it feels like an old friend. my pit is no way that good but Im consistant when I fly and my guns track to target and that all I care about in a dogfight.

Salute Wolf

that is might impressive. Very extragavent but if the guys into that much why not.

I like feature funiture and some how using a cockpit as an armchair would be cool. Like have the front missing but your surrounded by the walls up to a certain point etc..

:shock: I'm with Les, bet he's had plenty of free time to build that....
What does he do when he fancies flying a Spit then? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are they all photos of the same sim?
there seems to be an aluminium sim and a wooden one or am I missing something here?
The aluminium one is a first-class piece of workmanship but how much detail do you need on the outside? Surely a box-like kiosk would have done the trick, set it up INSIDE with all the bells and whistles and then it can be any plane you want it to be, not just a Focke-wulf.

Maybe I am missing something, he's probably just a really BIG Fw190 fan... :)

makes u wonder if those who do this are asexual,

I'm not asexual....I'm bisexual (if I cant get it, I buy it !) :D

Seriously, thats some pretty impressive woodworking skills gone into that 190. Almost seems a shame to cover it with skin and paint !. Be interesting to find the guy and get him to do a thread on his build, where the plans came from etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back