Me109 C.F.T. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rousseau

Airman
Jan 3, 2007
Who knows there is a model of Bf-109 with CFT? The Conform Fuel Tank looks like a rugby cap fitted on wing. If you have some informations or pix about this, please share with us. thanks in advance.

Hi!
Is that bugles are you talking about?
Bf 109K-4_wheel bugles.jpg

This is only late type of wheel fairings for larger main wheels used on some G-14, G-10 and all K variants. Simply the wings profile was too thin to hold a new 690x160 wheel type.

it sounds like he's seen one before or atleast that it does exist so it must be something different, maybe Adler knows?

I've thought he thought about the fuel tanks like the Fw190 was equipped with on its wings or something like that.

i can't see it either, you're linking from a website yes? must be to do with the host site........

:idea: Oh, I see... you mean "Doppelreiter" fuel tanks tested on Bf 109E-4.
Unfortunetly i don't know pictures of this particular exemplar, but simmilar 300 litre tanks were fitted on Fw 190A-8:
fw190_doppel.jpg

Source: "Fw190 Ta152, Aircraft Legend"

Ok, I check my archievies and discovered some mistakes. This is Fw 190A-7 (see location of the Pitot tube - its in middle wing root) Wk.Nr 380394. Each tank colud take 270 l of fuel. The armament was reduced to only two wing cannons. After a series succesful trials RLM refused introduction of this modification, to keep production going smoothly.

I was exactly thinking about these additional fuel tanks.

Wow! Good job! you did it net_sailor!
That's what I really needed.
So if don't mind, would you please post more information about it here? Or others who know it now has more details send to me?? especailly Bf-109/E-4?

So if don't mind, would you please post more information about it here? Or others who know it now has more details send to me?? especailly Bf-109/E-4?
These tanks caused low pressure drag and the smallest possible speed loss with a relatively high tank capacity. Development work on this tank was conducted by the research establishment FGZ (Forschungsanstalt Graf Zeppelin) under engineer Isemann's management. Trials on Bf 109E-4 at the end 1940 were preformed.
doppelreiter.jpg

On Fw 190 there were two variants of this flat tanks, but another was underwing type mounted on the leading edge of the wings. Sorry, that's all I know.
doppelreiter_2.jpg

doppelreiter_3.jpg

All pictures are from AJ-Press "Aircraft Monography" series: "Me 109 Part I" and "Fw 190 A/F/G/S Part I"

Ok, thanks, thank you very much. If you find more, please don't forget tell me here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back