Albion Park HARS Aviation Museum (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
Just some background.

Today I went in for a volunteers orientation meeting. Hopefully I will get a letter of acceptance soon. They have cases of various models, mostly Australian, helter skelter. I've expressed an interest in taking care of refurbishing some large scale planes they have in storage as well as repairing some of the misshandeld models on display. The order in which they are displayed makes them look thrown together, I would like to make some sense of the displays.

This is the qwb site for HARS............... Historical Aircraft Restoration Society Inc

I hope to be visiting the museum on a pretty regular basis, so If I can take some reference photos of anything there, please let me know.....

These are of the newly displayed Aardvark, and its towbar!

Bill

Attachments

• IMGP6484aardvark.jpg
    IMGP6484aardvark.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMGP6486aardvark.jpg
    IMGP6486aardvark.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 167
  • IMGP6487aardvark.jpg
    IMGP6487aardvark.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 166
Oh BTW,
there are Two P-47's being restored at HARS........... I've been told there is nowhere else two are being restored, side by side.

Attachments

• p47 1.jpg
    p47 1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 144
  • p47 2.jpg
    p47 2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 132
  • p47 3.jpg
    p47 3.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 149
  • p47 4.jpg
    p47 4.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 147
Very cool, Bill and have a terrific time; you'll be in heaven there.

I think one of those P-47s used to be in New Zealand sitting outside rotting away once apon a time...

Went in today for a "guides" info meeting, don;t plan on doin it, but more info is better than none. Lot's of stuff about the F-111 which was pretty interesting. Will get my forms by email soon.

Took pictures of the models displays, really need some help. I've got a few ideas for arrangement in some of the existing cabinets.

See the photo of a main cabinet...... others later as I go. This one I want to put a shelf above, a little more than half way up. And get rid of that rfeeeediculous sign to somewhere else. The models that are there are kinda helter skelter, mix of eras and types and nationalities. With another shelf they can be grouped to make a little more sense, and "seeable", kinda painful to look at them now. There are a few that need repair, landing gear, wings, paint touch-up and such, so will bringem back home to work on. Ooooo, too much fun eh?

Attachments

• HARS Displ 1.jpg
    HARS Displ 1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 117
Great stuff Bill, and good to see another 'Razorback' P-47 on the stocks. Is that a Harvard/T6 or a Wirraway in the other restoration shot?
And I see what you mean about the mess of models!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back