eBay:Armstrong Whithworth Whitley

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Snautzer01

Honourably banned
Mar 26, 2007
Sorry if posted earlier.

3.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:
Always had a soft spot for the Whitley. Not the most attractive aircraft ever designed but certainly interesting. I remember as a kid being hugely jealous of a friend of mine because he had a Frog model kit of the Whitley and I wanted one. Still do...I'm just not prepared to put in the effort required to make the old Frog kit look decent (my modelling skills aren't that great - I'm more of a "put the glue in the box and give it all a shake" modeller!).

"put the glue in the box and give it all a shake"

Lets not forget adding oodles of inaccurate paint colour to add to that special "what a mess you've made of that exquisite and horrendously expensive model kit" factor. Mark, you're not the only one who experienced this...

you two are on to me arent you. id probably do better to use the "shake and bake" approach than the laborious torture that i subject most kits unfortunate enough to fall into my clutches.

"As you leave the aircraft, inflate the vest by pulling down on the red tabs, or manually inflate by blowing into the tubes on either side."

Hope that chap has a good set of lungs! :)

"As you leave the aircraft, inflate the vest by pulling down on the red tabs, or manually inflate by blowing into the tubes on either side."

Hope that chap has a good set of lungs! :)
Never mind he has just been shot down at night in the cold cold sea, perhaps a bit smouldering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back