On The Deck

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

aaaaaaaa77f9b0a086b91009.jpg

1987 - Dino Martin Jr.

Had I known that, I may not have posted it.

but... it does put it out there that this sort of flying is risky business. It doesn't take much for it to all end very badly.

I'd be fairly safe in saying that for every photo here, there are many more dead because of this sort of flying.

Ok, the Phantom pic is NOT Dino Martin Jr. I was making a bad joke as Dean's son was killed in a National Guard Phantom in 1987. So you are safe gumbyk. It was a good pic. I should take my meds sooner. :(

That's an early shot of the M.B.5. The serial (R2496) hasn't been applied. I wonder where the photo was taken? Maybe Harwell?

A beautiful aeroplane, once described as a cross between a P-51 and a V2 rocket :)

Cheers

Steve

Really?
Who's the guy in cockpit, navigator? :confused:
The aircraft was being serviced, there is no one in the cockpit.

From a photography standpoint, there is too many things wrong for that to have been real. In a shadowed hangar, the shutter speed would be reduced to preserve clarity of stationary images, especially if the depth-of-feild were adjusted to keep focus in the foreground and background. with that in mind, the passing aircraft would be a blur. If the camera was "panning" to match the motion of the aircraft, the hangar's interior details would be a blur.

Here, check these out! :lol:

hangarhunter[640].jpg

hanger2[640].jpg

And how about the real deal?

A RAAF A84 thrashes on some mechanics about 25 feet off the deck :thumbleft:

RAAF_A84-Canberra.jpg

Last edited:
No, for that shot, Scotty reversed polarity on two of the warp drives, which enabled the 'Shrink Drive' to be engaged, thereby allowing the craft to 'shape shift' to the required dimensions to clear the hangar. Of course, this meant that speed was greatly reduced, allowing the photographer to capture an otherwise impossible shot ..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back