Hungarian Air Force (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

After WWI and the next two turbulent years that followed (in which the Roumanian army overran the country and was ordered to withdraw by the Allies but in the meantime looted all that was of some value) the Allied Peace Committee finally offered the Hungarians the conditions for peace. Of course there was no other choice for the Hungarians than to accept these conditions, known as the Trianon Peace Treaty. The country was reduced to approximately 30% of its original size by drawing new borders and left in total poverty. What was left was the almost impossible task for any new government to rebuild a country surrounded by hostile neighbors while the possibilities to defend everything that was accomplished by an own army and air force were generally similar as those for the Germans and the Bulgarians. Just as in Germany, a secret Air Force was established in the period 1928-1939. In the beginning built up with help from Mussolinis Italy, and later with imports from Hitlers Germany that started from 1935 onwards. So, during 1936, 66 Junkers Ju 86Ks, 46 Heinkel He 46s, 18 Heinkel He 70Ks and 6 Heinkel He 45s were delivered. The He 45s were coded G.301 G.306 and were equally divided between the II Kozelfelderito Szasad Lucifer and the III Kozelfelderito Szasad Pocket Knife). The mainstay of aircraft of these reconnaissance units however were Heinkel He 46s. Probably from the beginning, but surely from 1940-1944 the Hungarian He 45s were used as trainers only.

Source: AERONET GCE / IBERONET: Service life of the Heinkel He 45 part 2:

Attachments

• He45nrG-306svrfotoAMagyarKiralyiHonvedsegFegyversetecanbyAttilaGyulaLaszloscan0690.jpg
    He45nrG-306svrfotoAMagyarKiralyiHonvedsegFegyversetecanbyAttilaGyulaLaszloscan0690.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 234
  • jit.jpg
    jit.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 256
I'm needing as much information as I can get for this plane...and a pilot..I am currentlly building a 100" wingspan Ju87 B Stuka and would like to have documentation for a Hungarian plane and pilot...I've researched and have not found very much useful information...any and all help would be appreciated...please send response to my email , thank you..

Last edited by a moderator:
This planaes photographed on Szombathely Aerodrome!
What is certain: The first photo was taken at the airport "B" (Söpte) in front of the hangar, the concrete remained to this day:
In the fourth photo of the airport 'A' made a large hangar facing the machine from the top of Miklós Horthy Flying Academy or window has been photographed!
One version of the image can also be found in a hangar on the first photo can be identified:
100 Year old Szombathely Airport

Users who are viewing this thread

Back