Hungarian aircraft (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trautloft

Airman
Jan 19, 2007
Vienna,Austria
Hello all, i had major probs with my pc for months,thats why i been away.i think its fixed by now:) i hope you're all fine , yes i gonna start buggin you with Hungary and its equipment again (like the panzers earlier 8) )

Alright, i just found a very interesting hungarian site with pictures of aircraft of the Royal Hungarian Air Force,the profiles are english thank heaven.
You might be interested a tiny bit in the fleet of a less-known smaller force, its heroic attempt to stop the bomber raids ,and also their fight on the eastern front from the beginning.Some details,like its mostly italian,later german or licence-built aircraft(the Bf109-G's or Me-210,Re2000, and the extensive use of biplanes : Fiat CR.32 and 42) with surprising success at the beginning of the atrocities in border clashes with Slovakia and Yugoslavia and certainly the Soviets (similar to Finland and its Gladiators).
I have to work tomorrow so i will continue later, today i post these pictures,stories and facts will follow. thank you

52z6p6v.jpg

52e17o2.jpg

6ftb4lf.jpg

540qvx2.jpg

54jacgm.jpg

4zwmw3p.jpg

5zqznlx.jpg

yes,hungarians loved em,but at all they recieved like 12 planes. they called it jokingly Fóka, means seal.

surprisingly the hungarians liked the me-210 alot, used extensively as heavy fighter and fast bomber,as it was hated and returned from front by the germans because of the numerous problems with the unreliable engine, even the me410 did not fully satisfied them.

Hej, good info there.THX.
In Poland Fw 190 is also shortly called "Foka" :) :) :)

some photos;

52527wk.jpg

Bristol F2B, pre-war

68bj9f9.jpg

Arado 96 trainer-light transport-liason duty,used in greater numbers by RHAF,in a hangar

6h3671l.jpg

Bü-131 trainer

4ttmuxu.jpg

Romeo Ro-41 trainer

4tjn982.jpg

the awful Caproni 135bis bombers of a squadron,lined up

6fq3045.jpg

arming with bombs (soon after intensive action on eastern front,
the Royal Hungarian Air Force had a lack of italian bombs,they had to use german or captured soviet loads)

6ahnqqp.jpg

Dornier Do 23

4lqln4l.jpg

5xykmma.jpg

Dornier Do 215 used as bomber/recon

4knw1fm.jpg

Fiat Cr.32, 1/5 'Bumblebee' Squadron
5z6dg0n.jpg

Fiat Cr.32, 101/7 'Heart Ace' Squadron
63jmr6p.jpg

The Fiat Cr.32 built the backbone of RHAF fighter forces during the first years of war,took part in border clashes and even on early stages of warfare on the eastern front,later declared clearly obsolete,putting in second line duties,especially training.

68hk1f9.jpg

Fiat Cr.42

530dw9g.jpg

a crashed Fiat G-12 transporter

5zgvxg7.jpg

FW-189 recon

62ejrqg.jpg

a FW-190 (i think model A) with additional german markings

6befi1k.jpg

Gustav of Home Defence Group,the famous 101. 'Puma' Squadron.note the red puma head. USAAF pilots quickly learned to respect this group of skilled,fearless,brave men who tried to defend the allied raids against the cities, always hopelessly outnumbered
4uxa8g7.jpg

FW-58 Weihe

4ozi6x3.jpg

He-111 bomber/recon/transporter duties

4y7lvli.jpg

a crashed He-112 fighter

6cdi2aa.jpg

not sure if the same a/c..hungary bought the licence of the he-112,and ordered 12,but only 3 arrived,and Hungary finally decided to produce the Gustav in licence (also the Me.210 and the Re-2000)

4kxtrpf.jpg

a cool pic of He-46 recon ac in flight

54e5d85.jpg

another nice one, a He-70 recon plane.Hungarian pilots disliked this machine because of its extreme vulnerability,if im right its wings been made of some kind of magnesium-alloy = it burnt like hell

4lh5frn.jpg

JU87A
4zdcv36.jpg

Ju-87B

4yh9652.jpg

Ju-88B of 4th Bomber Group 'Witch'
4trg034.jpg

Ju88B's in flight

4xormoj.jpg

Ju-52 in color
6aot3zm.jpg

Personal liaison a/c of the Regent Miklos Horthy

6454u2d.jpg

Ju-86 of 3/1 Bomber Sqd. 'Arrow of God'
5xpdwrp.jpg

Ju-86's parked

6236n8p.jpg

Me-210 destroyer/heavy fighter/fighter-bomber
52qfo2a.jpg

a nice picture of formation flight above a parked one

6apizdl.jpg

Savoia-Marchetti SM.75

63r8cd5.jpg

Reggiane Re.2000 squadron

66ym2pg.jpg

Hungarian built WM21 Sólyom(= hawk) training aircrafts
52wkryh.jpg

closer view

some rare pictures of captured/interned a/c
first a PZL.P11, landed in Hungary,interned,first with civilian markings,later studied at the university of technic.
Info: Hungary refused to take part in agressions against Poland,the 2 countries had a friendly,almost brotherly relationship since centuries.They also shared the fear of the red invasion,just like the Finns.
4zdsuah.jpg

4u3neye.jpg

68h5q8p.jpg

4l8m64h.jpg

close cockpit view

6fzwshc.jpg

one of the interned RWD-8 polish a/c with civilian markings

52zlzi9.jpg

a captured ex-slovak Avia B-539,after evaluation used as target tug

and at last some rare colored pics
4lqit5i.gif

6f9tdw2.gif

the first licence-built Messer,manufactured in Györ

Hello all, i had major probs with my pc for months,thats why i been away.i think its fixed by now:) i hope you're all fine , yes i gonna start buggin you with Hungary and its equipment again (like the panzers earlier 8) )

Alright, i just found a very interesting hungarian site with pictures of aircraft of the Royal Hungarian Air Force,the profiles are english thank heaven.
You might be interested a tiny bit in the fleet of a less-known smaller force, its heroic attempt to stop the bomber raids ,and also their fight on the eastern front from the beginning.Some details,like its mostly italian,later german or licence-built aircraft(the Bf109-G's or Me-210,Re2000, and the extensive use of biplanes : Fiat CR.32 and 42) with surprising success at the beginning of the atrocities in border clashes with Slovakia and Yugoslavia and certainly the Soviets (similar to Finland and its Gladiators).
I have to work tomorrow so i will continue later, today i post these pictures,stories and facts will follow. thank you

View attachment 389525
View attachment 389526
View attachment 389527
View attachment 389528
View attachment 389529
View attachment 389530
View attachment 389531
B316 and V105 planes from Szombathely Airdrome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back