Interesting stereocards of Essen, Cologne, Friedrichshafen 1943

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cookie bomb

Airman
Sep 1, 2012
Scampton Lincolnshire
Hi I have recently obtained a small collection of original Air Ministry Photographic Section stereocards. I have had a viewer for some time and yet nothing to view.
I have attached 3 for your interest Essen, 13-3-43 Krupps Works, Cologne 4-7-43 and Friedrichshafen 21-6-43 Zeppelin works. I hope some of you have a viewer and are able to re-size and print off to view them in 3D.

Last edited:
Good stuff. After going cross-eyed using a stereoscope in the military quite a number of times, I found one packed away in a box, and gave it to a friend. Should have kept it and viewed the pairs!

WOW do you have anymore? The roof of the cathedral jumps up at you, thanks for posting such
interesting photos.
Kind Regards Mike

Thank you all for the kind words. I do have another 10 stereo cards. I can post them on the forum if people are interested.
I also have some single shots of various bombing missions. Some are quite large though.

Cookie Bomb, that is a VERY interesting collection, most generous of you to share.

Cheers Mike

No problem, I hope everyone finds them as interesting as I have. The research on each picture has been fascinating. I just hope copies don't appear on ebay, that would just put other people off sharing. Pictures like these need to be seen, not just shut up in a dusty draw. Cheers!

Thank you all for the kind words. I do have another 10 stereo cards. I can post them on the forum if people are interested.
I also have some single shots of various bombing missions. Some are quite large though.

I realise this is well out of date but I have an RAF folding stereo viewer and I would love to see the other cards in your collection if possible. Please contact me via my e.mail or the forum PM here.

Many thanks.Malcolm

Last edited by a moderator:
Cookie bomb hasn't been here for over 2 years. A long shot might be to contact Manchester College and see if they can put out a message through their system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back